Chapter12

3 WEEKS LATER
Joelle POV
"Mama, careful!" Kali said.

"I'm sorry Kali." I sighed.

I tried helping her put her school dress on. Once I was done, I put on her school shoes. We went downstairs and walked into the kitchen together. She took her school bag with her free arm and I grabbed the car keys and we both made our way to my car.

Today I had my doctors appointment. I haven't been having any morning sickness so far which is great. I hate vomiting and all that shit. I was 4 months and I'm finding out the sex. I don't wanna do a reveal party or anything like that. I just want a nice relaxing normal birth. I can't believe I might have to go through this pregnancy without Jamal, again. It's so annoying that this is actually happening.

"Mama, I'm hungry." Kali complained.

"Yeah I know, we're heading to IHOP first before I drop you off to school." I tell her.

"Okay." She smiled.

I smiled back then focused on the road. I wanted to treat my princess seeing as today is her first day back from her injury. I have told Jamal that maybe until her injury is up, he shouldn't see her but he's always finding a way to. If Lucas is over to play with Kali, he's always trying to stay. I already gave him too many chances but he just doesn't listen.

"Okay baby, what do you want?" I asked once we were seated.

"I want some pancakes." She looked at me.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Actually I want the Jr Chicken and waffles mama." She read the menu.

"And the drink?" I raised a brow.

"Hm..?" She tapped her chin.

"I want chocolate milk." She answered.

"Okay." I nodded my head.

I ordered her food and my drink and when it came, she began to eat. I wasn't gonna eat anything. I'll probably get a sandwich to go or something.

"Mama, when am I gonna get this off?" Kali asked.

"In about 3 to 4 weeks." I said looking down at my phone.

"Okay Kali, quickly. Hurry up or we're gonna be late." I told her.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go and order food for myself." I stood up.

I went over to go and order my food.

"Can I get a grilled chicken, ranch & avocado sandwich without the fruits to go please?" I spoke.

"Anything else?" The young girl smiled.

"Yeah, can I have strawberries and cream crepe also?" I looked down at the text that Teyana sent me.

"Sure. Your food will be over at your table really soon." She smiled.

I went back over to Kali who was staring out of the window. I sat in front of her and she frowned a little.

"What's the matter pumpkin?" I asked.

"I don't know, I just miss daddy." She looked down at her cast.

I sighed and shook my head. Once the food came, we got ready and left. After leaving Kali, I went over to the hospital straight away. I saw Teyana and the boys.

"Aunt Jo!" They ran over to me.

"Hey guys." I smiled.

"Hey bestie!" Teyana gave me a hug.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"I got you your crepes." I handed her the bag.

"I would've bought the kids something if you told me that they were coming." I said.