Chapter 24

Lauren's POV

Josh has a month off so we decided to go visit his family back in Kentucky, and we're going to stay in a cabin in the mountains for a few weeks. Since its February it's really cold in Kentucky, so today I'm going shopping to get some warmer clothes. I hate the cold, but I'm happy to be able to visit Josh's family and get away with him for a while.

Jen is going with me. I decide just to go to Walmart to get stuff because that's the easiest thing to do and I won't need the clothes when we come back anyway.

"Have you talked to Michelle since you and Josh had broken up?" She asks as we're trying to find a long sleeved shirt to fit me.

"Uhm, yes. She called after it happened. She said she thought I was making a mistake, but she supported me. Thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do if she hated me." I say.

"I can't imagine anyone hating you." Jen says with a laugh.

"You'd be surprised then."

"What do you mean?"

"I was the kid everyone picked on in school." I say.

"I don't see how. You're funny, very talented, and really pretty."

"Is was quiet in school and kept to myself."

"Oh..I'm glad you don't do that now." She says. "Let's find you some jeans."

I groan and she gives me a questioning look.

"I hate wearing pants. I like shorts and dresses and stuff like that. I feel constricted in pants." I tell her and she laughs.

"That sounds bad." She says.

"it didn't mean it that way!" I say shoving her arm jokingly.

-------

When I get back to the house Josh isn't there.

"He must be talking to the directors of Journey." I tell Jen.

"Want to surprise him?" She asks.

I agree. We make him some cookies and drive over to where they were meeting.

We walk in a I see Josh kissing Vanessa. I freeze.

"Lauren it's OK he's on set." Jen says. Holding on to me for support.

Josh sees us then and smiles. Then he sees my face. Vanessa looks up and if I'm not mistaking she smirks at me. She puts her arm on him and whispers something in his ear then smirks back at me. I wanna slap the look off her face. Josh rolls his eyes at her and walks over to us.

"What'd she say?" Me and Jen ask at the same time.

He just shakes his head.

"Bullshit. That smirk meant something." Jen says. So she caught it too.

"It's nothing drop it." He tells her. I don't feel like arguing with him so I let it go. Vanessa walks over and stands beside him.

"Hi I'm Vanessa. You must be Lauren." She says.

She seems nice enough, maybe she didn't say anything about me. I smile back.

"Yes that's me." I say

"So you broke up with Josh and couldn't handle him being with someone else so you came back right?" She says.

This takes me by surprise and I see Jen and Josh stiffen like they're trying to hold some choice words in.

"Look, it's none of your business about anything that goes on in my and Josh relationship."

"it is when he comes to me and my house when you're gone." She says with a smirk.