Chapter 35

Lauren's POV

I wake up at 9 am the next morning. Josh has an interview today and he told me to get up early for a surprise. But he's not up yet.

I decide to make some breakfast while I wait for him. I start mixing up some pancake batter when he comes downstairs. He's wearing sweatpants, and he doesn't have a shirt on. His hair is messed up from sleeping.

"You look so cute in the morning." I say over my shoulder smiling at him.

He walks over and stands behind me with his arms wrapped around me. He buries his face in the side of my neck.

"So do you." He mutters against my skin. He starts kissing my neck.

"So what's my surprise?" I ask. He sits on the counter beside the bowl of batter I'm mixing. He takes a blueberry out of the carton I'm using for the pancakes, and throws it in the air and catches it in his mouth.

"Well remember when you said you'd like to try some modeling?" He asks.

"Yes."

"Well I talked to my manager and she helped me get you a test shoot."

"A test shoot?"

"Yeah. You just go and they put you in different outfits and stuff and see how well you do with the camera and stuff then you use the pictures to get jobs. Like I used head shots and stuff to get my first few years of roles." He explains.

I lay the first batch of pancakes on a plate and pour more batter in the pan, and I throw some bacon in another pan. I can't hide my excitement.

"Thank you so much baby! I'm excited!" I kiss him and he gets down off the counter and pulls me into his arms and kisses the top of my head.

"Anything for you babe" he says.

-----

I call Jennifer later on and ask if she'll come over to give me some tips on what to do at a photo shoot.

"Really you just do what feels natural to you, unless they ask you for a certain pose." She says when she comes over.

"Oh okay. What do I wear to the shoot?" I ask.

"Oh just something simple. Just take a shower and don't do any makeup or your hair. Wear something fast to change out of like a dress."

"That makes sense."

"Is Josh coming?"

"No, he has an interview." I say

"Do you want me to go with you?" She asks.

"Well, Liam is coming. But I'd love for you to go too." I say

She agrees. I take a quick shower and throw on a simple yellow sundress and a pair of flats. I walk downstairs and Liam and Josh are on the couch watching Ridiculousness and laughing.

"Babe I'm leaving." I say to Josh.

"Okay" he says, distracted.

I walk over and sit on his lap. Liam tenses up beside me but I ignore it. Josh finally pays attention. He smirks and kisses me.

"Goodluck sweetheart." He says.

I say thanks and stand up. I grab Liam's hand and we make our way to the door.

----

When we get to the studio everyone seems really nice. My photographer, Mason, tells me to just be comfortable and have fun.

"Now, Lauren. What we do with test shoots is just get a feel of what you look best in, and what you feel most comfortable in, and blah blah. So what we're doing is taking some pictures of you in different outfits, accessories, backdrops, more blah blah. It'll be fun. And absolutely gorgeous. I love your hair. Long black hair is what everyone wants now days. And I know that most models are 'super super skinny' but your curves are beautiful and you're perfect." He says all of this really fast and I struggle catching the words.