Home Sweet Home

I've been rocking around for quite some time now. I'm getting sick if it. I've been sitting in the dark in a box with my best friend for several minutes-no hours. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. Then, suddenly, we stop. I jolt forward.

I'm starting to get curious. We haven't been moving for at least a minute. I start to crawl around hoping to find something. I don't know what though. That girl? Light?

Then I feel my whiskers bend against Eight's nose. At least I'm with her. I'm not completely alone.

Finally, the top is pulled open and light pours in. I see the girl.

"I'm going to pick up Lily, Is that okay?" I hear her say.

"Fine, but don't let that nasty thing run around in my clean car, Lizzy." I hear a voice say firmly. Why is everyone so rude to her? The lady at my mill, the lady now? I guess her name is Lizzy, though. I see her hand reaching in the box to pick me up. Her hand is a lot smaller than I thought it was when I walked on it and licked it. She doesn't pick me up though. I watch, disappointed, as Eight is lifted up and away from me. Lizzy likes her more than me, I think.

"Hi, Lily!" Lizzy squeaks, even though her name is Eight.

After a while Eight is set back down next to me. She was played with for too long. I feel angry and sad. I'm jealous! But before I can react I'm scooped into soft hands and place on a broad shoulder. Lizzy's shoulder.

Lizzy played with me longer than I thought she would. I love it! I just realized where I am. I am in what that lady called a car. Lizzy sits right behind a tall seat. That seat holds the lady, who is probably Lizzy's mother, called Eight a 'thing'. I'm furious. But right then the whole vessel slides into a poorly lit room. A garage. That means I'm home.