Getting Settled (continued)

I don't know why I got in this hammock just because it's colorful. It's actually quite uncomfortable. I do not like it at all. I jump out and make my way down to the second level. I try drifting off to sleep in the other hammock, but I decide neither of them suit my liking. But if I had to, I could force myself to sleep in the purple one close to the bottom floor. But since I don't have to, I hunt for the hideouts.

The first thing I find is an igloo, that I think is on the second floor. It's just like the one I had before, I think, It's purple too! I step inside and memories flood my head. A pain pierces through my stomach but nothing is hurting me. I think of the time Eight was placed in my glass (a new word I learned) box after Six left with a boy. I still miss her. Or the time I found my future owner and friend waking Eight and me up. I don't know or care about Eight but I will never sleep in a different igloo, if there is another one in this cage (also a new word I learned) hypothetically speaking. I just lay down.

Later after I have cleansed my mind of depressing memories, Eight comes in and cuddles her body around me. The warmth of her fluffy body comforts me and I don't feel dark and cold, or like I'm lost in a labyrinth I can't find my way out of. I roll over so our noses touch. I stretch my neck out so my face meets her side. I give Eight one lick and we cuddle closer. I almost fall into a dream but I hear a loud,"Aaw!" from Lizzy. God she's annoying when she disturbs my sleep, I think to myself. Then she leaves the room closing the-thing that I haven't learned the name of yet-behind her with a, click! Then Eight licks my paw and I doze away from everything: my problems, friends, and toys. I'm asleep.