Brother Vampire - Chapter 1

PROLOGUE

Everyone has dreams when they are kids. My name is Heaven Frost and I'm 19 years old. When I was a child I wanted to be a nurse. I wanted to have a husband and have kids. I wanted to travel the world with my family. I really wanted lots of things. But in a small conclusion I wanted to have a normal life with a normal family. It's so unfair when monstrous things have to happen, when one moment can change your life. And no matter how hard you try, your childhood dream will always be there wanting to be granted.

CHAPTER ONE

The sun was down and the temperature was low. It was about midnight. The abandoned street was empty and I needed someone urgent. Joshua was close beside me, shivering and looking very pale. His little hands were inside his red jacket, his blue eyes were looking gray and dry, if I didn't find anyone soon enough, Joshua would die. We kept walking without a heading, I just needed to find someone, no matter where. The job was getting harder, I couldn't find anyone. I wanted to scream. Joshua suddenly stopped walking. I looked at him and he was looking at me directly in my eyes, I could see that his little body was giving up and that he was using all his strengths to stay conscious. He let himself fall on the floor and he started crying in a very low tone. I knelt beside him and hugged him trying to calm him. His face was now even paler and now his eyes were watery too. I wanted to cry with him, but I had to be strong in order to keep him calmed. I could feel his pain, I knew it was my fault, he hadn't eaten for days and his energy was almost completely drained. But I wasn't going to let my little brother die; I knew what I had to do. My female instinct wasn't going to allow it.  

I stood up and picked up Joshua, He weighed less than most three years old, which made it easier for me to move. I walked fast, looking for the perfect spot. I went past few streets until I found what I was looking for. It was a dark narrow street, well hidden between two buildings. I went straight for it. I entered and walked until I reached the end. There I gently lowered Joshua to the floor and sat right beside him. He just cuddled; he has too weak to cry. "You are going to be ok." I assured him moving his hair out of his face. I turned and looked for the knife inside my bag. I found it and took it out. I stared at it, it was still bloody from the last time I used it. Suddenly a noise interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see what was it, but it was too dark to see anything. The sound came closer, it sounded like footsteps, and it was definitely footsteps. I was starting to see a figure, whoever it was, it was taller than me.  

"Who are you?" I asked the stranger. I stood up with the knife in my hand ready to attack  

"Chill, I'm here to help" said a voice of a male. He was closer now, I could make his face. He looked young, maybe about my age 19? 20? He had dark hair kind of short had the shiniest green eyes I ever seen. He was right in front of me, looking at my eyes directly with a serious look.  

"You can't help me" was all I could say. I was intimidated by those green eyes.  

"Yes I can, and I'll do it" he said smiling at me and then he walked past me and knelt in front of Joshua. All I could do was to stare, for some reason I was petrified. Joshua looked at him frighten but didn't move, after all he was too weak to move away. He took Joshua's lip and put it up to see his pale gums. Then he looked at me and said "he hadn't eaten for days, he needs help, and I'll take care of him"  

"You are one of them" I said surprised  

"And you are not" He said smiling  

"Then why are you helping me you nasty beast?"  

"Who said I was helping you? I'm helping the boy" He looked at me serious and then smiled "nah, just kidding, you people think about vampires like if we were the worst thing on Earth, there is all kinds of vampires, just like humans, you know that I'm right, that why you are with this little vamp, but hey enough talking, we need to get this boy out of here, I don't want him to suffer anymore, I know how it feels and it's not nice." He said picking up Joshua. He stood up and walked past me.