Brother Vampire - Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Being human made me weak. I didn't have thirst for blood or hunting instincts, I was just a simple human trying to live a vampire's life. On top of that I'm a girl, the weakest of humans. I am a fragile 19 years old female trying to fight for blood. No matter how I tried to look about it I didn't have any kind of advantage in my hunting duties. I took a deep breath trying to soothe myself. Hunting days always made me feel stressed. I always prayed to come back alive and triumphant. If I died, Joshua would be left alone and unprotected. I just couldn't allow that.

Joshua woke up at 7:30pm. He woke up with a smile and hugged his pillow. I went to his side and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"Good morning sweetheart" I greeted him.

"Morning, Heaven" he responded with his sleepy voice.

Fear, anxiety and stress filled my body every time I hear his voice before a hunting day. I tried to compose myself. I stood up and went to the bathroom, Joshua followed close behind. I made myself and Joshua ready to leave the motel.

I was back to reality. Back to the streets that have been my home all these months. I looked around analyzing my surroundings. Behind me was the motel I just left. People were going in and out of it. In front of me there was some kind of fancy restaurant that I would never have enough money to afford it. Only people with formal clothing would be allowed in. I guessed I shouldn't go near it. I kept looking around. A small cafeteria at the corner caught my attention. I better eat before I go on hunting duty. I headed there looking at every face that was around me, trying to choose my next victim. I ordered a burger and sat on the table with the outside view. Joshua sat beside me. I looked at him; his huge eyes were focused on my burger. He was hungry, but there was nothing I could do to make his hunger go away before I finish. I tried to eat my burger as fast as I could to avoid Joshua's staring eyes. While I was eating I glanced outside looking for my victim. I was almost finished eating my burger when I found it. A young man that I would say he was about his thirty, bony and drunk. That was the cue: drunk. I was sure he was drunk, his zigzagging motion and his eyes out of focus proved it to me. This was the only way I could have some kind of advantage and I wasn't leaving the chance. I took a fast sip of my soda to avoid chocking on my burger.

"You know what to do Joshua, stay here" I told him, grabbed my backpack and ran after the man.

When people are drunk they are easy to trick. The only thing you need to do is to act smart and have a little imagination. I walked to where my victim was standing. His eyes where looking at the moon and he was mumbling something inaudible. I approached him with a provocative look on my face.

"Can you do me a favor mister?" I said trying to flirt with him. Men always fall for young ladies.

"Oh sure young lady, anything for you" he said looking excited.

"I think there is something wrong with my body and I need a complete checkup" I said putting my fingernail in a sexy way in my mouth. I could imagine how slutty I must look, but this was for a good cause.

"I think you are absolutely right, I should check" He agreed hypnotized to my charms. His black eyes were hooked on me, I felt my body tense, but I tried to keep my flirting mood.

I walked away from him knowing he would follow. He walked behind me not too far away. I led him to a dark alley few stores away. I looked around to make sure no one was there and continued my little game.

"Do you like it here?" I said testing the place. I needed to see if someone would come up if they hear us talking. But no one showed up.

"Of course I do sweetie" He said getting closer and putting his hands on my hips. I momentary froze but I regained power of my body an instant later.