Chapter 7: Eavesdropper

Amethyst's POV~

"Where's Steven?" I went out of my room checking the house. This isn't like me but sometimes I can become like this.

"Where's Steven?!" I heard Pearl shout while getting out of her room.

"Hey!" We both fell down.

"Amethyst! Have you seen Steven?" Pearl said on top of me.

"I'm going out to look for him. Stay here Amethyst incase he comes back." She stepped on my face while getting up.

"Hey watch it!"

"Ugh!" I heard her groan.

"You don't have to go back." We both turned around to see it was Garnet. Just in time before Pearl was about to warp.

"What?" I saw the expression on Pearl's face.

"Amethyst. Go look for Steven."

"What me?!" I was shocked to know that Garnet is choosing me to go get Steven.

"Yes. You Amethyst." She said while maintaining a steady look.

"Pearl make lunch."

"B-but Steven..." Pearl stammered.

"He'll be fine. Amethyst will bring him home safely." Garnet smirked.

"Okay. See ya later!" I made a military pose.

I was warp at the barn but I didn't see Steven. Hmm. He might be inside. Hehe I guess he's hangin' out with Peridot. I smirked.

"Hey ya!" I leaned on the gate of the barn.

"Amethyst!" The two both shouted in unison.

"Whatcha guys doin'?" I pretended I didn't know what was happening.

"Oh umm..." I saw Steven's face redden.

"Hey Steven your face is red like a tomato. Haha!" I walked closer to them.

"Oh I was just comforting Peridot." He looked at Peridot.

"Ok. I guess you two really like to talk?" I smirked. Again.

"You know that I'm used to talking." He rubbed the back of his head. Still blushing.

"Ok. Pearl was looking for you again. Garnet said I'm the one who's gonna pick you up. She said Pearl's making lunch." I stood.

"Oh it's already lunch?!" He shockingly asked.

"Yeah. You've been here for like twenty minutes man." I chuckled.

"I guess our conversation was really long hehe." Steven stood and followed me.

"Bye Peridot! Oh also please tell Lapis I was here and I said hello." He waved his hand at Peridot.

"Come on man. I'd love to know what's for lunch!" I grabbed his arm and went back to activate the warp pad.

Peridot's POV~

"Steven's really kind and caring." I let out a big sigh.

"I guess you could say that again."

I was startled to see Lapis awake.

"Wha?! Y-you listened to us?!" I was really embarrassed and I couldn't believe that she heard our conversation. Maybe.

"Yep. For like, umm. Twenty minutes!" She rested her front body on the hammock.

"Lapis..." I couldn't get mad. I wouldn't blame her for listening. Besides we were really close to where she was sleeping in.

"How much did you hear?" I asked nervously.

"Well a lot. Especially the part when you talked about homeworld and what you felt and all that stuff." She smirked.

I felt my whole body sweat. I couldn't believe Lapis heard all of that.

"Are you mad about it?" I asked sincerely.

"What? Of course not! I miss Homeworld too but I know I can never go back there. This is my home now. For eternity." She smiled.

"Is that only what you heard?"

"No." She smiled

"I listened to the whole conversation."

"What?!" My face heated up. How could you Lapis. Why?! Well I did just tell myself I couldn't get mad at her but I guess that will never happen.

"Well I won't tell anyone." She winked. I know that when she does that she's planning something but I guess she's pretty sincere about this.

"Ok." I sighed.

"Make sure to not do that again." I looked at her directly in her eyes, crossing my eyebrows.

"I'll try. But I can't promise you that I would."

"Lapis!"

"Alright! Alright." She chuckled.