Chapter 3: What's the matter?

Lapis' POV~

"I finally have the time to stretch my wings." I said while I was stretching my arms into the sky.
'I'm always busy watching Camp Pining Hearts with Peridot.'

'I even forgot to spend time with myself' I let out a big sigh in relief.

"Oh It's already late the sun is 1/3 in the sky." (Maybe 10:00 or so)

'I wonder what Peri is doing.' I decided to go back to the barn.

As I landed in front of the barn, I saw Steven and Peridot hitting... bottles? I looked at them, confusingly.

"Hey you two!" I greeted them and they greeted me too.

"Where have you been?" Peridot asked me in a suspiscious look.

"I was out flying, just soaring in the sky thinking about stuff." I didn't have anything else to say. That was the full truth.

"Oh Lapis look at the meep morp we made!" Steven said proudly.

"Those are bottles." I said with a blank expression in my face.

"Yeah but they make music! I'm gonna play something" I looked at him in disbelief but I decided to listen.

Peridot' POV~

I'm so glad Lapis' here. I don't think I can carry this much awkwardness in here.

"Ok so I'll play the song that I played in my ukelele one time." Steven looked at me. I saw him with a hint of a blush but I looked away.

"Why do you have to look so cute!" I mumbled.

"What was that?"

"NOTHING! Please continue." I can't believe I just said that. I always thought Steven was cute but not in this way! I facepalm mentally.

Life and death and
Love and birth and
Peace and war
on the planet Earth...

I just realized that it was the song Steven and I sang before.

*thump*

What was that all about?! I felt like my stomach has hundreds of butterflies in it. I feel so weird. So different. I don't even know what I feel anymore!

"Uhh Peridot.." I noticed Lapis was staring at me.

"Your face is in a very different shade of green." Lapis chuckled.

"Are you okay Peridot?" He asked

"I , uhh..." I couldn't say anything! All those memories at that song was really messing with my mind.

And everything that I said about Steven's mom? Ugh! Why can't I just forget that?!

"I uhmm." I cleared my throat.

"Please, continue." I said while my hands were interlocked with one another.

"Are you sure? You seem pretty far out when you heard the song." Steven said in his most caring voice.

"Peridot." I turned to see Lapis' looking at me.

"You don't have to listen if you don't want to." Then she faced Steven.

"Steven, thank you for this." Lapis said with a sincere smile in her face.

"Oh and uh.. I'm just going to fly for a bit." Lapis was already facing the outside part of the barn. I run to her.

"You're leaving? Again?!" I looked at her with my puppy eyes. Steven told me what 'puppy eyes' meant

"Sorry Peri, but I gotta go." Lapis' summond her water wings and flew up to the sky. I sighed.

"Hey Peridot, you okay? You seemed pretty upset back there." He placed his hand on my right shoulder.

"Y-yeah." I stammered. I pulled away from him. I felt guilty. I know Steven will persuade me to tell the truth.

Steven's POV~

I just know there was something wrong and I had to persuade her to know why.

"Please Peridot." I showed her my puppy dog eyes.

"It's nothing really."

"Please!" I had to make my eyes bigger so that she'll give in.

"Ugh! Fine." Peridot said in dismay. We sat down at the front of the barn with the grass dancing in the wind.

"Well you see... The song you sang earlier brought back some memories when we went to the moon base." She said without looking at me.

"Why were you upset?" Then I just remembered all the things that happend in the moon base.

Oops.

Steven why didn't you realized that earlier? I shouldn't have sung that! I facepalm mentally but there was no taking-back the question. I had to hear what she'll say.

"It's nothing really!" I know that there was something she was hiding from me.

"Aww Peridot. You can tell me anything." I hugged her.

Then I heard the warp pad activate.

So basically this is going to be a two-part chapter though.