Chapter 24: Dance blues

Peridot's POV~

I went down the Ferris Wheel first then Steven and Connie. I heard music coming from the stage we stopped earlier. Maybe it's starting?

"Hey look, the Beach-a-Palooza's starting!" Steven grabbed my hand and lead me near the stage.

"Good evening folks!" The man that spoke was the one who made the rules in the rollercoaster.

"This is Harold Smiley or you can call me Mr. Smiley! Are ya'll ready for the annual Beach-a-Palooza? If you are, let me hear a HURRAH!" The man punched his fist into the air and all the crowd around us followed.

"Ugh." I mumbled.

"One more time! HURRAH!!" They did it again. I was getting a little irritated. Pull yourself together Peridot. You're doing this for Steven.

"Alright! Then let me welcome the band performer tonight." There was a drum roll at that part.

"Give it up for!" The band appeard on the stage revealing from the smoke that was used for dramatization.

"He didn't even introduce the band." I mumbled.

"Ya'll dance with your partners 'cause the slow dance will be comin' up soon!" The man named 'Mr. Smiley' disappeard into the backstage.

The people around us started dancing to the beat. Me being such a naive with dancing, just stood there staring at them.

"What is this strange human physical movement?" I raised one eyebrow as I kept staring at them.

"Oh it's called 'dancing'." Steven replied as looked at Connie like he was going to ask her something.

"'Dancing'? Like a fusion dance? I've always seen gems dance for their dance but these humans aren't fusing but they're dancing. So what is the purpose?" I stated.

"Oh it's just for fun. And humans can't fuse. Well me and Connie did." Steven faced Connie and smirked. I was startled by his answer.

"Y-you fused?" I said quietly.

I felt something inside of me again. That strange feeling I've had since I've seen Connie with Steven.

Maybe this is what they call 'Jealousy'? Eh. I didn't want my emotions rule out of me. I sighed.

"Dance with me Connie!" Steven grabbed her hand giggled. I felt empty, alone and...

Nevermind. I just went to where Lapis was sitting.

"Why aren't you dancing with them?" Lapis curiously asked.

"Well... I didn't want to get in the way." I rubbed my arm. I sighed.

"Come on Peri! This isn't like you. The Peridot I knew will never let anything stand in her way. Especially to the one she likes." She winked. It was true but...

"But I'm not the one that Steven likes. Whatever makes him happy though..." I sighed.

"I see that you're doubting yourself."

"Gah!" I turned around and saw Garnet with us.

"Oh it's just you." I sighed in relief. I realized that she knew what was going on.

"W-wait. How did you know what I was feeling?" My voice stammered in embarrassment.

"Future Vision." She pulled down her visor and smiled.

"Oh yeah." I rubbed the back of my head. I was thinking maybe she knows what will happen in the future?

"Umm... Do you see a path for me and Steven being togeth-" I covered my mouth in embarrassment.

"Oh nevermind. That was a cloddy question." I blushed hard. Garnet chuckled.

"I see many paths for you Peridot. Some are good and some are bad. But I can't tell you which one you'll take.

You stir your ship. You choose your destiny." She smiled. That was a very diplomatic answer.

"That isn't really relevant to my question but I'll take it." I shrugged and smiled.

Steven's POV~

"Steven, I'll just look for a restroom okay?" We stopped dancing and I nodded.

"I'll be back right away." She ran into the crowd of people until she was no longer visible.

I saw Peridot sitting with Lapis and she looked like she was... Sad. Maybe because I didn't invite her to join us? I walked up to her.

"Uhh... Do you want t-to umm..." I blushed hard. Why is this so hard for me?! I'm just asking Peridot to dance! Why do I even feel this way?

"What?" Her voice Her eyes shimmered in the moon beam revealing the color of her eyes. So... Beautiful... Stop it Steven! Just ask Peridot to dance.

"T-to dance?" I held out my hand and bowed. I wasn't sure if she'd agree but I think she'll love it.

"What?!" She raised her voice indicating that she was surprised. She faced Garnet and she gave a thumbs up in approval.

"S-sure." Peridot placed her hand on mine and I lead her near the stage and we started dancing.

The slow dance started playing so I decided to go with the flow.

I held onto her waist and she placed her hand on my shoulder and we both held our hands.

Not much into details but it's like how Ruby and Sapphire danced when they fused the second time. I noticed her blush.

"I-umm... Don't really know this human rituals of yours." She whispered loudly in my ear.

"Well if you don't know this human ritual, how come you're dancing right now?" I chuckled.

Her expression looked surprised as if she couldn't believe she's already doing it.

"Heh." She smiled.

'This is going as expected.' I smiled back at her.

Sorry for the slow update but I was busy the past week. Hope you like this chapter! :) Also I can't wait for the 1 hour special event!