Chapter 3: Starbucks

China's POV
Today, Sophia and I are at Starbucks for our weekly check in a.k.a. gossip session. How she knows everyone's business I will never know, but thanks to her I'm always informed!

"So, Jaele finally happened but they're a complete mess!" She told me.

"Jaele, don't tell me!" I thought about what  in the world Jaele could possibly be and then it hit me. "Oh that's Jace and Riele, right? From Nickelodeon?"

"The one and only!"

"I thought they were just friends!" I shouted shocked. "How did that happen?"

"Shockingly his ex-girlfriend pushing her off a stage during her birthday party." She explained "Now you won't believe the roller coaster ride they've been on."

"You have to tell me!"

"Well, Riele-"

"Sophia!" Someone screamed from across the room. We turned around seeing BooBoo jog over to us. He looked as handsome as ever 😍😍😍. Talk about boyfriend goals! 😍😍😍
"Hey, China, do you mind if I steal her away from you?"

"No, go ahead! I had somewhere to be anyway." I lied I have no where to be.

" Are you sure? I don't want to leave you alone. Especially since it's after dark. I did drive you here." She hesitated "BooBoo, we're going to have to take a rain check. I'm not leaving her alone."

I stood up, collecting my unicorn frappuccino and blueberry scone. "I'm supposed to meet Cameron at the movie theater a few blocks down and I'm already running late."

Booboo helped Sophia collect her things, but stopped to look at something at the counter

Booboo helped Sophia collect her things, but stopped to look at something at the counter. "Oh, it looks like you're in luck China Cameron's running late too."

I gave him a small fake smile, "How do you know?"

"He just finished his order at the counter." He explained "Cameron, over here!"

Why did I decide to lie instead of telling Sophia that I'd just take an Uber home. Uber sounds so much better compared to the mess I just got myself into. Why can't I learn to think before I speak. I once again got lost in my thoughts, until a hand brought me back to reality. I looked up noticing that Sophia and Booboo were gone. Cameron stood in front of me with both his hands on my shoulders as he shook me slightly. "I'm sorry did I miss something? Where'd they go?"

Cameron laughed, "You have a talent China...anyway, why wasn't I told about our plans to go to the movies?"

I blushed and looked down at my feet, "Sorry, Booboo wanted to hang out with her and she wouldn't leave me. So, I lied to her about having plans with you, so she would hang out with her future boyfriend." I explained quickly in one breath.

"Well, it's not lying if you actually do it." He replied after he stopped laughing. "So, what do you say?"

I'm at a loss for words, did he just ask me on a date?

He stuck his hand out for me to grab, "Come on, please China I miss hanging out with just the two of us."

I smiled as I grabbed his hand, "Alright, let's go Romeo!" We walked hand and hand out of Starbucks.