Chapter 8: Relationship Status

China's POV

2 months later

I debated Cameron's proposal for over a while now. Descendants 2 is going to be released in less than a month, Domas (Thomas and Dove) has blown up the internet, and I haven't seen Cameron since we finished filming.

"Hello, earth to China!" Sofia  shouted waving her hand in front of my face trying to catch my attention "China, snapped out of it. Riele is going to be here soon."

I blinked a few times before remembering where I am. As I mentioned earlier, it's been 2 months since the last time I laid eyes on Cameron Boyce. This whole time the only thing on my mind was his proposal. Could I really fake date one of my best friends, who I just so happen to have a huge crush on. Let's not forget that this guy can be so hot and cold. One moment he's kissing me on my cheek and calling me gorgeous. The next moment he's telling me what he wants to name Dove and his kids.

I sighed leaning back in my chair "Sorry Sofia, this mess with Cameron and Dove is really messing with my head. She has a boyfriend for crying out loud. Why does he think this is some magical Disney universe? He's not going to get the girl in the end. The girl doesn't want him."

Sophia stared at me as she slowly tilted her head to the side, "But this girl does" she smiled "Give it a shot, but always remember your worth. No guy is worth the pain of heartbreak. No matter how great and utterly cute he is."

I hesitated before asking, "Is everything okay between you and BooBoo?"

"Everything is going great so far! He's is the sweetest guy I have ever met. This man would jump off of a building before doing anything he thinks would even remotely upset me" she paused "I'm just worried about you and...I'm conflicted China. I support you 100%...I want you to get the guy of your dreams. However, I don't want you to lose yourself in the process" she slid her hands on top of mine caressing them with her thumbs in comforting manner "Make him see that there is another woman out there, who would love him to the best of her ability. A woman he wouldn't have to try to win over or impress. A woman he would be lucky to have in his life to devote his time. Then, once he sees that, make him realize that woman is you. China Anne McClain!"

I was about to respond before the chair next to me pulled out as someone sat next to me, "Um, am I interrupting something?" Riele asked after a long pregnant pause "We can reschedule if you gals want." She stated gathering her things.

I shook my head no, "Nope we're good. I was just getting into my feelings and Sofia gave me some advice." She relaxed putting everything back on the table.

"Spill sis, no secrets here." She responded. So, I told her everything that has been going on in my little non-existent love triangle. After I finished, Sofia updated her on her relationship with BooBoo. He finally asked her to be his girlfriend 2 weeks ago.

"I'm going to be honest with y'all. It sounds like you both are living in two very different Disney movies" we laughed "I am so happy for you Sofia. You have yourself a very handsome and amazing guy. In all honesty, I'm a bit jealous" Sofia shrugged her shoulders and winked in response. Riele and I stared at her before bursting into laughter. Sofia loves it when people talk about how hot BooBoo is. She will not get jealous or possessive. No, never, this girl will only laugh, wink, and agree.

After our laughter died down, Riele's face turned serious. She looked at me for a moments before saying, "China, I'm concerned. I don't want you to go into this thinking everything is going to work out how you want it to. The situation may sound like this beautiful Disney fairytale, but unfortunately this is reality. And in this reality we have to realize that life is not a fairytale. Everything is not going to perfectly lay itself out for you" she sighed "I want you to be with him I really do. However, you're a gorgeous girl who could get any guy she wants. It's about time he realized that."

"Are you talking about Cameron or Jace?" I asked her serving my 'let's be real' look.

"Both" she whispered. I grabbed her hand and Sofia started rubbing her back in a circular motion. "Our situations are so similar. We both have felt something for our best friends that they haven't. We wish that they would just see that the woman they're meant to be with has been sitting in front of them for years..." she paused "You watch him be so affectionate and caring with his girlfriend. Or you listen to him as he pines over the girl of his dreams...But, never do they stop to think about the girl who has always been there...They don't appreciate us. They don't act like they care. They don't ask how our day is going...And, they surely don't stop to really look at the women we've become. They see us as they've always seen us. As one of the boys...They're best friend."

" I thought you and Jace were dating? I thought you were happy?"

"Long story short. His girlfriend pushed me off a stage causing me to have some memory loss. I mixed up my emotions with reality. I thought we were a couple and...he went along with it. I should've told him, when I got all my memories back. I didn't though...I was so happy faking my way through life that I was okay with him taking pity on me because I could finally call him mine." She explained

"Did you at least get her back for pushing you?" Sophia asked

"I beat her up and stole her man." She replied laughing

"What about Jace?" I questioned

"He's upset that I lied, but now he's confused about his feelings. He doesn't know if he likes Isabela or me...So, I'm keeping my distance before we all go on couples therapy." She explained with that we all changed the subject. Gossiping about the latest in celebrity news.

After all of that, we went our separate ways. Before leaving the shop I went to my Instagram page and added 'Cameron 💜' to my bio. I decided to call him.

"Hello.."

"I'm in."

Sorry about the delay everyone, but chapter 8 is finally here! Please like and comment! I love reading everything you all have to say!
-lala