Chapter 4: "The Date" (Part One)

China's POV
Cameron drove towards the movie theater that was a few blocks away from the Starbucks. I was so nervous being this close to him after so many years of not seeing him. Working together is one thing, but being confined to a small space. So close that I could easily reach over and touch him. It is torture! Plus, he hasn't said anything during the 5 minute walk to his car and the passed two minutes he has been driving. This silence will quite literally drive me crazy. Well more than I already am.

After a few more minutes, I finally asked, "So, where are we going because we passed the movie theater about five minutes ago?"

He smirked, "We're going to watch a movie China, isn't it obvious."

I just stared at him blinking, "Cameron, oh sweet sweet Cameron. Honey if it was obvious, I kinda wouldn't...have asked!"

Cameron giggled for few minutes as he kept his eyes on the road, until we reached a red light. He turned to face me causing him to burst into a fit of laughter. "China, you should see your face...Cameron, where are we going...sweet, sweet handsome Cameron...oh Cameron, I love you!"

I inspected him, moving my head closer to see if I could find the stupidity that must have crept into his brain. "Sometimes I wonder why I hang out with you, Cameron. And, then I remember. I just LOVE...interacting with fans. Now would you like an autograph or a picture?"

He just rolled his eyes turning back to face the road as the light turned green. "Your apartment is near Peyton's right, in West Hollywood?"

"Well, I actually moved into a condo in North Hollywood!" I replied smiling. This just shows how much we've talked to each other since Grown Ups. Our relationship is practically non-existent. 

After another ten minutes, we pulled into a large parking lot. "Why are we hear?"

"We are having a movie night at my place. I figured we could get a bunch of snacks to keep us up all night." he explained shyly running his fingers into his hair. He does this when he's nervous and anxious. So, I always ask him a question in order to figure out which one it is.

We both get out of the car and walk into the Smart and Final. Cameron grabbed my hand leading me to the candy aisle, "So, tell me are you still obsessed with frozen snickers?" he asked with a snicker. (Haha, snicker get it? Lol)

"Cam, while I get the packs of candy, can you get the ingredients for the chocolate chip cookies? Oh, and Root Beer, get two liters of Root Beer!" I instructed him.

He left the aisle trying not to forget the simple instructions I gave him. I swear, that boy has the worst memory in the world. I was interrupted from my thoughts by some tapping my shoulder. I turned around and saw a cute boy around my age, "Hi, I noticed you standing here all alone. So, I figured I'd see if you wanted some company...okay, I actually came to ask for your phone number."

I blushed, "Thank, but no." Although, this guy is really cute I still only have eyes for Cameron. 

"Really, come on why can't I have it? You know you want to give it to me." he persisted.

I awkwardly laughed, "No, no I don't."

"Yes, yes you do!" he shouted walking towards me. "It's not like you have a boyfriend China! Give me your number!" Okay, this guy is crazy! I started speed walking down the aisle. The guy was right behind reaching for my shoulder. I freaked out and ran to the soda aisle hoping to find Cameron and convince him to abandon the snacks and leave.

I finally reached the aisle with all the sodas and saw Cameron at the end of it about to turn into the next aisle. "Cam!' I shouted in order to get his attention. He stopped immediately at the sound of my panicked voice.

He turned around walking towards me about 10 seconds later I literally ran into his arms. He wrapped them around me rubbing my back, "What's wrong babe?"

I turned my head to look back at the guy, he was pretending to look at a bottle of sprite, "Nothing, nothing...are you ready to go?"

He nodded as he kissed my forehead and guided us to the cash registers.