3

(Editing...)

Suddenly there was the sound dead leaves behind crunching , not the kind of continuous noise you'd get from a pup walking, but the defined short crunch of a footstep. The Sun was going down and darkness began to slowly creep around Nyx as she tried to fight the urge to turn around. Then there came another crunch, this time lighter and slower as if the maker of the noise was trying to be quieter. "Danger" said her wolf Summer

"fuck Watch where you stepping Striker" mind linked Apollo
"Oh I'm sorry let me pull out my zero gravity kicks and moonwalk over the damn leaves Alpha dearest" replied Striker.
"Watch it I won't hesitate to rip your throat out with my teeth" said Apollo and his wolf in unison through the link.
"Your not yourself is that your mate Alpha" questioned Butch.
"Yes, I can't believe it, Light (Apollo's Wolf) has been acting strange ever since we smelled her, her voice is drawing him out"
"Cool it with the sarcasm Strik" said Butch

The foxes gather around Nyx and growl at the intruders. Their growls are a bit higher pitched and does not sound as menacing as a wolves growl. Their sound is more chilling. The noise of screeching foxes are similar to a human screaming bloody murder in a horror movie or a child wailing in distress. The males begin their alarm calls in sets, stopping and then starting up again in 3 to 10 second intervals Their short and explosive screams are an aggressive a warning to the intruders.

"Show yourselves" Nyx growls

After a minute three wolves step from behind the trees into the clearing.

Trapped. No way out. She knew she couldn't out run three wolves. Even with the number of foxes she knew the intruders would have no problem fighting them off. There where mostly pups and females and the males had gone hunting. After the alarm calls ended she heard the response they where too far away.

She looked back at the wolves
The didn't smell like rouges so what did they want she thought. Fur? She looked around and the foxes where on edge ready to attack the pups scared hiding behind the females. She had to protect them she promised herself she would never run away and let any member of her family be killed in cold blood.

The wolves stopped in their tracks confused and shocked at the scene before them. Foxes protecting a werewolf they couldn't believe it. Nyx's body went in a protective stance like a tiger about to stalk and kill his prey. Her eyes were narrowed, rigid and cold as she linked the foxes to get behind her.

"State your business wolf" she spat bitterly

Apollo drew in a deep breath trying to control the burning urge to punish her for her disrespectful attitude. Maybe bend her over his knees and spank her until her ass turns pink, then lay soft kisses over her stinging behind until his mouth finds her-
"Alpha your mind is still open" said Butch clearing his throat.

We need to gain her trust not hate us said his wolf and he ignored him.

He glamced at his mate noticing she was practically naked and perfectly comfortable. Where the fuck is her clothes why the hell is she a rouge living with foxes. Its unheard of, normal foxes protecting werewolf as their own? He thought to himself. She smelt like a werewolf along with fox but he knew that smell was probably from being around the fox. There's no such thing as hybrids.

'Look at her naked body and I kill you both." Apollo growled through the mind link. Butch and Striker lower their head instantly.

Apollo shifted into a human form. Neither of them speak at first. He pushes himself closer toward Nyx with Butch and Striker following cautiously behind still in their wolf form.

"Your song...you sounded amazing " Apollo said breaking the silence. His voice sent chills down her spine. His dulcet tone embracing the air and filling her body with desire and instantly pleasuring her wolf. This feeling was forien to her and she was terrifed.

As Apollo advanced closer to Nyx she was hit with a sweet and savory aroma that wafted through the cool autumn air. Her stomach clenched. She took a step back inhaling his sent. Closing her eyes for a moment then reopeninmg them placing the in the intruder that had the nerve to get this close. His scent was so much more exotic like the earthy smell of cool rain or the salty tang of the ocean.

Mate Her wolf whispered in the back of her mind. Unconciously Nyx began walking slowly, almost robotically, her brain was struggling to tell each foot to take the next step. She felt like someone under hypnosis in one of those scooby-doo cartoons.

She wanted to touch him be closer to him a man she had just met. He reached out his hands as if he was saying "we come in peace"

Still in her hypnotic like state she hesitantly put her hands in his and it sent electricity throughout her body. She could feel The heat from his fingers creeps into her consciousness and she wanted to pull my hand away. She never thought she'd feel the touch of another person again. She had gone so long without it that and gave up on it. His touch was a sweet invasion, an unwanted wanted intimacy.

"Mate" He said softly.

837 words

🍂I know This was a short Chapter.
🍂but I think I'm going to stop here. 🍂Named her Wolf Summer Haha

Ill see you in the next chapter "Rejected?"

Abby