6.5 (Extra)

Andrew lies in the half-light, utterly still, eyes open as if admiring the heavens. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt this relaxed since he was haired as head watchman for the pack. He wondered what time it was and when he had fallen asleep. The head guard looks around in his sleepy haze at two of his men shirtless on the ground next to him snoring, one letting air out simultaneous to the other breathing in. Finally he lost the battle to stay awake and his consciousness swirled in the land of dreams, oblivious to the physical world...

"If someone doesn't have a perfectly good fucking excuse as to why my guards are all asleep at their post all hell is about to break loose" said Alpha Apollo as he angrily exited the court yard, stepping over bodies strewn across the lawn. He paused as he stepped over a pair of guards, their ridiculously painted faces masking their faces as they dreamt. "What amazing art work " joked Striker " This turd is certiently a work of art the artist really depicted Andrew's personality and work ethic with one simple image". He finished

"Its impossible to wake them right now alpha they've been drugged with a sleeping tonic mixed in with these daggers" said the Pack doctor picking up a small hand carved dagger. "The assailant could have killed them without much of a problem he just put them to sleep; its an eye opener to how lightly we've been taking our defense systems"

"Well nothing was stolen" said butch walking over to the yard checking off items from his checklist. "I brought the tapes from last night we can watch them in the office" Butch paused looking over the fallen guards with sympathy and then towards his livid Alpha " We will have them moved to the gym and have them monitored until the tonic wears off and have temporary guards assigned to their posts"

"Pure genius" continues striker admiring the work of an unknown prankster.

Note: In all honesty I forgot about this book.

Questions you may have: 

Who's Andrew? - He's head of security. 

...Basically the night when Nyx snuck into the pack she decided to have a bit of fun and draw silly faces on all the guards.

Why did you write this short chapter?  "Im getting in the groove" & Writers Block    Its been a while since I worked on this book and I wanted to start small and show a bit more of Nyx's personality. She was raised by foxes. If you've ever read any old fables or myths they usually portray foxes as crafty or tricky. so I wanted to incorporate that into this short chapter.

See you soon. :)

 :)