Chapter Six: The Contract

Allison P.O.V

I took out the knife and aligned it with the bread. Taking a deep breath, I swung the blade up and let out a battle cry. However, when I brought the knife down for the kill, I found nothing in my hand. I tilted my head in confusion. Where is it? My eyes searched the benchtop.

No knife.

Suddenly, I felt a tap to my shoulder and turned around to see Marcus. In his hand, was my precious bread knife? I exclaimed in realization. That is where it went. Marcus, on the other hand, said nothing like usual and raised his eyebrow, indicating that he means, 'You're such an idiot, Allison.'

I gave him a sheepish grin and tried to grab the knife. He got the idea and raised up the knife high above my reach. I growled in anger as I jumped in attempt to reach the knife. Stupid short legs!

My hand barely reached the top of his head. He laughed. My blood began to boil as Fleabag continued to tease me. "Give it back, Fleabag." I said, frustrated. At the sound of his nickname, he narrowed his eyes and let out a small growl. I took this chance and tried to grab the knife. My fingers bearing skimmed the blade's handle before the damn wolf moved it higher.

That's it. Before Marcus could guess what would happen next, I pulled hard on his long hair, or as he likes to call it 'fur'. He let out a growl as he was forced to bend his head down to my small height. I swiftly grabbed the knife from his hand and let go of his hair. I let out a squeal in joy as I jumped up and down in my accomplishment, feeling my eyes change from dark brown to icy blue. Marcus looked a little angry, however as he saw me in my happy state, a small smile graced his lips.

Standing up to his original tall height, he ruffled my hair and let out a small chuckle.

"Cute," he commented before grabbing plates and moving them to the small table. I pouted as I blew a strand of dark raven away from my eyes before heading back to my original task of cutting bread for supper. Yet, two cuts in, I heard the front door close. Looking behind me, I saw Marcus also staring at the close front door.

Where was Mama going? We are just about to have dinner. I looked over at Marcus and he just shrugged his shoulders. Turning my attention back to the bread, I laid the knife on the bread board and tilted my head.

That's strange. Mama never goes out without informing either Marcus or me.

.........................................

Belle's P.O.V

I knocked on the green round door, hearing a commotion come from the inside. It only took a few moments before I heard Bilbo's familiar voice grumble something along the lines of, "not another one," before opening the door. I stared down at the hobbit tenderly, admiring how much he had grown before saying, "Hello Bilbo, my dear boy. It's wonderful to see you again. How are you?" The hobbit's slummed shoulder's raised as he came and gave me a hug, his face reaching to my stomach. Once he pulled back smiling he said,

"I am well Belle. Just a little frustrated at the moment." As he finished his sentence, the sound of a something being broken made his head whip round to look back into his house in worry. I took this chance to say,

"I am sorry to say this Bilbo, but can I please come in? Gandalf told me to come here." He nodded, I think a little stunned I knew that wizard and opened the door wider. I nodded my head in thanks made my way into his home. I instantly maneuvered my head around the chandelier. Seriously, that light could blind someone! Making my way pass the various wooden beams, I made it to where all the commotion was coming from. Instantly, I was met with 13 pairs of eyes. Only one I recognized and that was that damn wizard.