Ch. 7

- -A Week later-

Heather

Every since that little mishap at Darien's, house I've been trying to avoid him. I know it might not be the right thing to do, but I just don't know what to do. I'm so embarrassed at the kiss we almost had because, he hardly knows me I don't want him to think I'm a hoe or anything, I'm more embarrassed that his sister caught us. Right now I'm in 7th period, which is art my favorite class, this is also one of the classes that Addarien and I share. Today we're working on a project and we find out who our partners are, since Ms. Dixon has already assigned us partners, I'm kind of excited to find out who I'm working with.

Ms. Dixon: okay everyone when I call your name I want you to go sit with your partner.

The class nodded as a response.

Ms. Dixon: Amiracle you're with Deon, Stacey you're with Miguel.....

As she went on calling off names I started to get a little nervous. Not because I was worried I didn't have a partner, I know I did, it's just that the more names she called I looked around and realized that I might be paired with Addarien. I looked around and there were only six students left, Addarien, Nick, Mariah, Brittany, Trevor and myself.

Ms. Dixon: Nick you're with Brittany....

Oooookayyy maybe I'll get Trevor

Ms. Dixon: Trevor you're with...

Please say my name; please say my name, please, please, please.

Ms. Dixon: Mariah

Dang it

Ms. Dixon: which means heather you'll be working with Addarien.

I looked over at him and noticed him smirking, but I just looked away. Ms. Dixon went on to explain more about our project and I must admit it sounds like a lot of fun. The project is due in 3 weeks, so we should have amp enough time to make an A+ project, the assignment could also be worked on at home so we all had to exchange numbers. Addarien and I didn't bother to do that because; well we live right across the street from each other. The bell rung a little after, this signaled the end of the day. I was already packed up so I just walked out of class, I tried to hurry up and make it outside where Nicole and Mike were but I was distracted at someone calling my name.

Heather... heather....aye heather.

I realized it was Addarien so I tried to ignore him and pick up my pace, but he just kept calling me.

Heather...

He stopped calling my name and I let out a sigh of relief thinking I lost him, but then he grabbed my shoulder. Darn it.

Addarien: hey... what's up with you?

"What are you talking about?" I asked even though I knew what he was referring to.

Addarien: you know exactly what I'm talking about, why you keep avoiding me ma?

I didn't say anything

Addarien: I know you hear me.

I looked at him and stared

Addarien: tell me what's wrong; I know I didn't do anything wrong because we've never really spent time together.

"I know, it's just kind of hard to explain, I really don't want to talk about it here."

Addarien: you know we gotta talk about this eventually since we have a project together.

I mentally smacked myself for forgetting that, I didn't even respond I just looked at him and walked away.

~~~~~~~