Ch. 2

Heather

I ate the last little bit of food I had left on my plate, placed it in the sink called Nicole and Mike and we ran outside of our apartment so we could catch the bus on time. My family only has one car and our momma uses it to get to and from work, by the time she comes home everyone in the house is sleep she basically works all day, so the rest of us walk or catch the bus to where ever we have to go. We were walking down the street when Mike noticed that the bus pulled up, and everyone who rides the city bus knows that it waits for no one, so we sprinted to the doors before they could close. We paid and sat down relaxing from that little run we just had, as the bus started to move again I noticed a man running after the bus begging for it to stop but the driver ignored his pleas, poor guy missed the bus.... Well better him than me.

~~~~~

I walked in class just in time before the bell rung thankfully I did cause my teacher, Mrs. Curry, don't play about us being late to class.

Mrs. Curry: Good Morning everyone

Class: Morning Mrs. Curry

Mrs. Curry: so how was everyone's weekend?

Everyone starting murmuring and mumbling

Mrs. Curry: ok everyone lets settle down, I would like to talk about something for a second....

The class groaned and I just tuned her out because all she was going to do was give us this lecture that's about as long as life before she gives us our actual assignment. When I finally decided to listen again she was giving us our assignment.

Mrs. Curry: so turn your books to page 213 and do the vocabulary and checkpoints. You have till the end of class.

I got out my book and started on my assignment.

~~~~~

Thank god it's early release day so we eat before we head home. I grabbed my lunch and sat down at the table with Nicole and Mike, I really don't have any friends and I honestly don't think I need any, the less friends you have the more drama you have and I'm just not up for it...mess round with me and get laid out. Anyways we ate in silence until Nicole tried to start up a conversation.

Nicole: Sooo ... does anyone know what special event is coming up in about a month

She looked at Mike and he looked at me smiling, I just held my head down and smiled knowing exactly what they were talking about.

"Yea I know, my birthday's coming up."

I looked up smiling

Nicole and Mike: BINGO!!!

They shouted while throwing their hands in the air, we all laughed and quickly recollected ourselves when we noticed people starting to stare. Mike shot em a dirty look and turned back around to me and Nicole.

Mike: so Hev what do you plan on doing?

"Honestly I really don't know."

They gave a long sigh.

Nicole: come on now Hev, you gotta have something in mind.

"I know but yall know momma doesn't have the money right now."

Mike kissed his teeth, Nicole rolled her eyes.

Mike: don't worry about that, you know momma will find a way to get money to afford what we want...Well in this case what you want.

Mike was right, even if our momma was low on money she would still find a way to provide for us. i sighed

"I know..."

Nicole: so stop focusing on the money, what do you wanna do?

"Maybe I could just hang out with yall, you know Shaun, momma and yall two ... we could go out to eat and spend time together as a family."

They both smiled

Nicole: that sounds nice but what about Blake and are you sure that's all you wanna do?

"Yep. and i really dont like Blake"

Nicole: Neither do we but you know momma adores him so we gotta tolerate him.

"I guess you're right."

Nicole: i know i am

Mike:Alright lets go to "Off The Wall" while we're at it. It's a trampoline park I know the owner so I could get you in free

"Yea that sounds good."

Nicole: so it's settled, we're going to off the roof –

Mike: wall

Nicole: whatever and then well go out to eat.

I smiled to myself its times like this I love, we never really get to sit down and talk with each other or spend time with each other, either Mike was with his friends or Shaun and Nicole was at the basketball court or with her friends. The bell rung which meant it was time for the next period, ugh I'm ready to go home now.

~~~~~~

Can someone help me change the rating of my story? i wanna change it from rated R to PG-13

Also vote, comment and add this to your reading list please :)

Picture of heather on the side.