A Key

[Nina's POV]

After school, Fabian and I decided to visit Sarah's grave. We thought she could help us. Fabian waited by the gate while I sat at her grave. Before I walked out, a key appeared on Sarah's grave with a note.

Search my father's crypt. In a door lies the flame and red crown.

I went to Fabian and showed him the key.

"Let's go tonight, Fabian."

He touched my shoulder.

"Yes, but we can't do this by ourselves, we need Sibuna."

I nodded. I organized a meeting by the crypt at midnight, we would begin our search.

[Eddie's POV]

We went inside the crypt. It was even spookier than I remembered. Nina faced all of us.

"Ok, Sibuna. We found a key with a note saying that there is a door in here somewhere. Behind the door is where we will find a fiery flame and a red crown, we need to give them to a spirit named Leona."

We all started searching. I tripped on a few stones and Particia laughed.

"Wanna make anymore falls, Weasel?"

I smirked at her. I enjoy talking to her, even when she's being sarcastic.

"Ok, Patricia. Describe the crypt to me by only using three words."

She pondered for a moment.

"Dark, old and smelly."

"That pretty much sums it up."

We both laughed and continued searching.

[Nina's POV]

Fabian searched the floor while I searched the walls. Patricia and Eddie laughed at each other and Alfie and Amber looked at stones.

"Its useless, Fabian. We're not getting anywhere."

"Don't say that. Everything's going to be ok. You'll see."

I smiled and continued searching. I tripped on a rock and flung backwards and disappeared. I screamed. Before I was gone, I heard Fabian yell.

"Nina!"

[Fabian's POV]

"Nina!"

Where did she go? I was so worried. I didn't want this to be like Senet all over again.

"Guys, help me find Nina!"

We searched high and low for Nina, but there was no sign of her. I started to cry. Amber patted my shoulder.

"We'll find her."

[Alfie's POV]

Great. Nina's missing and Fabian's crying. Just what we need right now. I gave a pep talk.

"Guys, stop moping around and get back to work. Who cares if Nina's gone, we just need to find that door."

Fabian ran out of the crypt, more upset than ever. Patricia, Amber and Eddie looked at me.

"Thanks for that pep talk, Alfie."

Amber left. Patricia spoke next.

"You just don't know when to quit."

Eddie just sighed and left, only I remained.