Preparations

[Mara's POV]

I was out in the hospital waiting area. Everyone else left because Nina hadn't waken up yet. Fabian rushed to the front desk looking pale. I touched his shoulder.

"Is she awake?"

He looked at me with heavy eyes as if he hasn't been sleeping.

"Yes, but she's very weak."

"Should I come with you?"

"No. Go back to the house, I'll be there later."

I nodded and grabbed my bag. I was on my way back to the house, when I heard someone call my name.

"Mara, Mara. Come find me."

"Who is it? Who's there?"

I heard giggling as if it came from a child. It ran a sweet melody in my head.

"Mara, times wasting away. Come find me."

"Find you where?"

"By the crypt."

I remember seeing a crypt not long ago. I ran over to see who this person was. The crypt was breaking apart.

"Ok, I'm here. Now, where are you?"

A ghostly figure appeared before my eyes.

"Who are you?"

"I am Leona. A ruler of the dead."

"What do you want from me?"

"You deserve more, Mara. No one appreciates the work you do. I can help with that."

"How?"

"Preform a ceremony for me and you shall become one with me and the sun. But I need others."

"How do I get others?"

She sent a dark cloud that formed around me. I suddenly felt something great, like I was finally wanted.

"Cast a spell on them, Mara. Bring them to me before sunset tomorrow."

I nodded and left in a hurry. I had to go get others for the ceremony. And then, I'll be noticed.

[Fabian's POV]

I ran back into the room Nina was in with the doctor. She looked very pale. The doctor checked her pulse.

"It's there Mr. Rutter, but very faint."

I started to cry.

"She's not going to die, right?"

"No she won't. She just needs rest. She'll come out eventually. I suggest you go back to your house."