Chapter 31: The Target

Mustang didn't question how I knew where I was going or how I knew who we were looking for, which I was very grateful for. I didn't need his comments that Selim was lying to me. I had my own doubts and didn't need his. If we found the killer then I would trust Selim more. If not... well the next time we meet will be very different than from what he thinks. 

"Why me? Why not grab the three Elrics?" he asked.

"Because if you die I'll only hear it from your parents, greatest risk your father tries to burn me alive. If I get one of the Elric kids dead I'm in a whole new sort of hell, they have lots of friends," I said. "I also have a better connection with the three of them than I do with you, you die I won't be so sad."

"Gee thanks Levy," Mustang deadpanned.

"Armstrongs are notoriously honest," I replied. 

"Dare I ask how you know where to go?" he asked.

"Nope," I replied. Finally the train stopped moving and we hopped off. "We stay together, understand? This guy won't hesitate to kill us or anyone who gets in his way, so we have to move fast."

"And how do you plan on capturing him?" Mustang asked.

"I'm not," I said before walking ahead of him. The train to Central doesn't leave for another few hours.

"How do we know he didn't get on another train?" he asked.

"A train leaves every eight hours to Central, he would have just missed the last one and it didn't take us that long to get here. The next one leaves in two hours. He shouldn't be too far from the station," I explained. "He won't want to stand out, so crowded areas but he'll be in places where he can hide."

"Yeah, okay," Mustang said as he followed my lead. "So you know what he looks like?"

"Yeah, we've run into each other once before," I replied.

"And what happened?" he asked.

"He killed someone, destroyed my automail, and almost killed me."

"No wonder you wanted someone with you."

We looked around for about an hour. I searched the faces of the crowd while Mustang watched my back. "Mustang."

"What?" he asked as he looked around, trying to see what I did.

"I see him, follow me and how good are your throwing skills? We need to get people away from him without hurting them or drawing attention to ourselves," I said as I began walking fast, Mustang had to push past people to catch up with me.

"I need a clear area," he said as he caught up. "I won't do any good if people are all around him."

"Then we follow him. I'm not going to lose him," I replied. We followed him for a little bit before Mustang grabbed my arm and stopped me before dropping to the ground and drawing a five pointed star with a circle around it. He stood back up and tossed  five kunai to the points. He held five more in his hand and waited mere seconds before tossing them through the crowd narrowly missing people and landing in a wall. He dropped back down and placed his hand on the circle  and on the wall came out a cage that went around our target. People moved away as I ran forward. 

"The alchemist from West City," he growled as he broke through the stone cage.

"You attacked the wrong family," I replied as I dodged a hit. I knew his style now. I wouldn't make the same mistakes and no innocent person was going to die today. Alexis, you'll be avenged today just like I promised. 

The crowd moved further away, some standing around to watch and others running to get help. No police was going to be able to help. It was going to end today and not with him in handcuffs.