Chapter 8

**You guys wanted to see the date. Maya's outfit above :)**
Riley's Room:
Maya's POV:

Riley's room is a mess. She keeps trying to make me wear frilly sunshiney dresses. She's in the bathroom so i go and look in her closet for anything useable. I find this feminism sweater thats cool. I find a red plaid button down. I put on the sweater and wrap the flannel around my waist. I am wearing black jeans and combat boots as well. Riley comes out and sees the outfit and nods and gushes. There is a knock on the Bay Window. It's Emma and Zuri. They've been coming to Riley's apartment the past few days. They heard that Luke asked me out yesterday and wanted to help with the makeup and hair and accessories. "Hi! Omg thats a great, angsty outfit. We just need to girl it up a bit" Emma says while thinking hardly. She is looking at me as if I am a black walk she is going to decorate. She sits me down and puts my hair up to get it out of the way. She puts a bunch of goop and plop and things I don't even know what they are on my face. She explains that she highlighted and contoured and concealed and powdered and blah blah blah :). All I know is that I be slaying. I have a full face of nude makeup except for the red lipstick. She also put Riley's black beanie on my head and a red scarf tight on my neck. Riley lends me sparkling hoops and gold rings and a long gold necklace. "You look so great Maya!" Zuri says.
"Beautiful!"
"Gorgeous!"
"Radiant"
My girls keep complimenting me and I keep thanking them. In all seriousness, I am terrified for this date. Its not my first but it's my first with a guy I actually like and was not set up with. We talk a bit about how I am going to act and what's going to happen. We go into the living room where Cory is sitting on the couch. He is at a loss for words on how I look. "Please wear you leather jacket honey? You look very lovely" Cory says to me and then embraces me. I smile and whisper to him "Thank you". He nods and sighs. "Everyone is growing up, huh?" he says. "I am very apologetic, sir, for not staying 7 years old forever" I say with a smile. He replies, "Your excused", amusedly. Knock knock.
Here we go.

Helloooo guys so we have gone way past 10 comments saying continue 😃😁. I hope you enjoyed reading Maya getting ready for the date.