6-Hetalia

Axis Powers Hetalia is an anime in which Italy, once home of the strongest empire in the world, has changed. This is the story of Italy, now a cowardly pasta-loving fool, and his friends (other personified countries of the world) as they live through strange moments in world history. The fandom isn't as cancerous as it used to be, but some of the OCs could use some work. Here's some ways to make or even improve your Hetaila OCs!

·Firstly, here are a list of minor appearances in the anime;
-Albania
-Croatia
-Czechoslovakia
-Ireland
-Luxembourg
-Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales
-Portugal
-Vatican City
-Bengal
-Mongolia
-North Korea
-Pakistan
-Singapore
-Tibet
-United Arab Emirates
-Mexico
-Paraguay
-Tonga
-Ancient Empires and Tribes
-Ancient Egypt
-Ancient Greece
-Britannia
-Carthage
-Magyar
-Bavaria
-Brandenburg
-Hesse
-Holstein
-Saxony
-Kowloon Walled City
-Nikoniko
-Provinces of China
-Ryukyu Islands

If your OC is one of these, I'm sorry for crushing your dreams, but it's already been done. (This doesn't mean destroy your character, I just wanted to inform you.)
·First and the most important, DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE CREATING YOUR OC .

My friend learned it the hard way. The first OC he made was for Curacao. I've been there before but had ignored the fact that the major population has dark skin. He thought he could make her blonde hair, a bit tan skin, and green eyes. (Curacao, for those of you who don't know, is a Caribbean island which was once ruled by the Netherlands.)

· Keep in mind that Hetalia is about personifying NATIONS. I have seen weather, season, month, oceans, seas, and planet 'Hetalia' OCs. (like, WHY??)

·Look at the goddamn demographics. I mean it.

I have seen TOO MANY white-washed Greenland, Alaska, South America, and even Caribbean OCs, as well as the OC that I mentioned earlier ***Curacao*** was white-washed.

·History with other countries is a vital part of your OC.

Especially if you have a smaller nation, there was a high chance that the country was ruled by a more powerful nation, like Spain, the Netherlands, France, England, Norway, Denmark, you name it.

Just because the country was ruled over by a more powerful nation (like how Denmark rules over the Faroe Islands and Greenland) doesn't mean the people on the country necessarily liked it. I've also seen a few OCs hate on countries for no reason. Especially the female countries, like Hungary, Taiwan, Seychelles, Belgium, etc. without having any history. This...it's pretty self-explanatory.

·Avoid interaction with countries that the character has no historical connection to. This WILL make things make things needlessly complicated.

·I would highly recommend staying away from using the erogenous curls. They are often overused and even if they do have a representation...they're just...overused. There are other ways that landmarks, places, or historical events can be marked on a character.