Chapter 3

Noises spewed out of the tall trees and green grasses, of bugs, birds and other mystery creatures that roamed the forest. The ThunderClan territory was a lot more boisterous than ShadowClan's, and it made Hollywhisper agitated.

She looked around nervously as she and her Clanmates followed the ThunderClan cats like scared kits with an acquaintance that their mother had clearly stated to avoid. However, under their complicated circumstance, these 'acquaintances' were the only option to seek help from. There was also RiverClan to go to, but nowadays they had become more hostile and would have turned their plead down immediately.

The forest around seemed too familiar for Hollywhisper, she didn't need to pay much attention to the surrounding to know where she was. She had been through the ThunderClan territory many times when the half moon called upon the medicine cats to journey to the Moonpool.

Unbeknownst to the ThunderClan cats, she had always taken the short route that was through their territory instead of walking along the lake. It was what her mentor, Sleetfall, had taught her to do. He was the type of cat to always take the easier path.

A smile touched her lips as memories of her mentor glimmered in her mind like the stars of Silverpelt. How she wished he was still here, and thinking of him always made her heart ache. If she had done something differently that day, perhaps her mentor may still have been alive till this day.

Her sweet daydream was soon interrupted when Sootmask called to a stop. They had arrived to what looked like the tunnel-entrance of a camp. It was considerably wide, with sharp thorns circled around the top, and with sand and pebbles on the ground. Yet, it was narrow enough that it secured large predators from entering the camp.

The fresh scent of cats was strong from within the entrance. Hollywhisper watched as the shadows ate the shapes of Sootmask and Heatherstar as he escorted the leader into camp. Worry began to stir in her chest as she thought of every possible scenario that could happen during the meeting with Badgerstar. What if the ThunderClan leader disagreed to aid her Clan? Where would they go then? She pushed her way to the front, to where her deputy stood. She could sense how worried he was too.

"Do you think he will agree?" The grey and brown tabby tom asked as she came to a stop next to him.

Hollywhisper looked towards him with a frown. "I don't know Swiftstorm. But let's pray that Badgerstar has enough compassion to help us in a time of need."

Swiftstorm sighed. "He had always seemed to be a good leader--"

"Looks can be deceiving," a ginger tabby she-cat stated from nearby.

"You're right, but if he denies then we have no other choice but seek help from RiverClan..." he trailed off with another sigh.

"I hope it does not come to that. Our relationship with the RiverClan cats have not been too... friendly," Hollywhisper meowed softly.

It may have felt like moons had passed by since Heatherstar had went in with Sootmask. The ShadowClan cats were growing impatient and more anxious. As a medicine cat, Hollywhisper felt obligated to lift her Clanmates from such a grim time. Just when Hollywhisper was going to try to calm them down and perhaps even cheer them up, her leader and the ThunderClan deputy had returned.

Uncertainty was filled in Sootmask's eyes, while a wash of relief shimmered in Heatherstar's pretty blue eyes. Everyone waited in anticipation as she opened her mouth to speak. "We're allowed to stay."