Chapter 2: Forgotten

Georgia's POV

The only thing I remember from that night was that I heard screaming and a sound that was dangerously like a gun. I don’t understand what happened to me last night. How I could have kept sleeping through all of that noise and commotion is, honestly, beyond me. I lifted my head and found myself in an unfamiliar environment. I was still a little tipsy but I was sober enough to see clearly. This was definitely not the usual basement that I was so accustomed to being locked up in. As I began to realize where I was, I noticed a man, around 19 but not over 23, smoking a cigarette in the driver’s seat. Shit. Shit, shit, shit. I tried to remain calm, to make sure I didn’t do anything that would make the man mad at me. I really did. But, of course, me being the overly paranoid person I am, it didn’t work.

I was startled. Where was I? How did I get here? Who is this guy? WHAT IF HE IS A RAPIST? Worrying, I tried to yell. I tried to scream. Anything that would help me. But only to fail miserably. My hands were tied and there was duct tape sealing my mouth. Typical kidnap scene. I tried to convince myself that it was just my imagination, that I would wake up and this would all be just a dream, a twisted, horrible, demonic, sick nightmare. I even trying pinching myself with my tied hands but to no use. It was all real. This wasn’t just a sick dream. It was cold, harsh reality. Being locked up in a basement seemed like the better option right now. No matter what I did, even in the midst of trying to save myself, I couldn't help feeling that I was missing something. Something important.

“Stop trying babe. No one can hear you. We're in a car.” He said looking at me through the car mirror as if it was the most obvious thing in the world… okay maybe it was but still. I looked out the window of the car and I saw the barren landscape in the country that we now called the Restrained Division of America (R.D.A). The rapist then moved his hand back, eyes never leaving the road, and reached to pull off the tape from my face. He waited for a second before he spoke. “Now, I'm going to remove the tape, babe. But you have to make sure you won’t make go crazy and scream or something. Because if you do, then I won't hesitate to...” He trailed off and pointed to his waist. My eyes grew wide as I realized he was pointing to his gun. I quickly nodded and he pulled the tape off. I could feel the blood when he yanked off the tape. And don’t even get me started on how much it stung. I tried to keep my cool as he pulled off the tape but once it was off, I exploded. Literally, exploded with questions.

“Why am I here? How am I here? Who are you? Where are you taking me? Where are we? How old are you anyways? Are you going to kill me? Please don't kill me. When did-”

“Calm down babe. Questions on one option. I get to ask you things too. And no. I won't kill you…. Unless I have to.” I relaxed. I frowned. Why did he want to ask me questions? I hesitantly nodded.

“Okay shoot. First question.”

“Why am I here?” I asked.

“You are being… escorted,” he said, “Full name?”

“Georgia Levinson. You?” What is wrong with me. I should be terrified. I should be worried. I should be crying. I should be doing something else. Anything else rather than playing 21 questions with an effing kidnapping rapist!

“I can’t tell you that, babe. Even if I did happen to tell you, which I won’t, and by some way or form you got away and told the police, who would be the one getting arrested? How old are you?”

“I'm 17.”

“19.” Damn. Only two years older than me. I thought he'd be older. I discretely leaned forward to get a better look at him. For a kidnapper he was a pretty good looking guy. His chiseled jawline, his sharp cheekbones. Even his light stubble made him look… different. I suddenly felt really self conscious as he intently looked at me through the back mirror.

“Why are you staring at me?”

“I’m not.” He said smirking.

“Yeah. You are. I can fully see you.”

“Okay.” He smugly replied.

“Where are you taking me?"

“Where we’re going.” Smartass. I already hate him. “Who's in your family?”

“My mother and my father used to be.”

“Used to be?”

I don't want to say it. Don't say it. Don't say it. “They… they’re both dead.”

“How did they die?”

“A UnityMaker shot them.”

“How come?”

“They were caught and killed when they were trying to make extra money by selling some of the game that they hunted after picking up my sister from one of the Administration Camps…. Wait a minute…” I gasped, my eyes wide. That was the moment when the rapist realized his mistake.

That was when I realized his mistake. And it hit me harder than a bullet would. I finally understood what went wrong. What was forgotten.

Isabella Levinson. My baby sister got left behind.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Second chappie also out! I'm on a role, huh? So Zayn fogot her sister, eh? You probably saw it coming didn't you? Well there's only so much that I can do. Also, dedication to @girlwiththeredshoes for making me a cover! Thank you so much!