Ten

Ryland's POV

     We had exact four weeks until our wedding, and Lisa and I had everything planned. She had fallen asleep holding my phone, making me feel worried that something had happened while I was asleep. When she woke, I asked her.

    "Lisa? Why did you have my phone?" I asked, and her face went pale. "Lisa..."

    "Look.." She said. "Shane texted me photos... They're disgusting.." She teared up. "He texted you the same photos, but I deleted the photos from your phone because I didn't want you to see them and think less of me..." I hugged her, feeling shamed about Shane's actions.

    "Show me.." I said. "I'm not going to think anything less of you. You're going to be my wife... and I love you so much..." I kissed her forehead. "Now show me..." She handed me her phone.

    "Before you look.." She sniffled. "We did date. He dumped me because I wouldn't put out as much as he wanted..." Lisa wiped the tears from her eyes. I opened her phone, and looked through the photos. "He made me dress up for his birthday... that's what this one is..."

    "You did that same thing for me.." I said. "You dressed like that...."

    "Ry, he forced me.." She said. "He forced me to do that, and I did that for you because I wanted to."

    "I'm calling him.." I said, then went into another room with my phone.

~

    "Shane... What's going on?" I asked over the phone.

    "What?" He asked.

    "The pictures. Lisa showed me pictures... of you two. They are disgusting. What's going on?"

    "She's trying to blackmail me, Ryland.." Shane said. "You have to believe me.."

    "How can I believe you?"

    "She was texting me from your phone!"

    "She said you sent pictures to my phone..." I said.

    "What pictures? We never had pictures like that.." Shane said. "Meet me at the café down the street.... I'll show you the texts..."

    "Fine.." I said.

~

     Shane showed me the texts on his phone, and I was stunned, but I couldn't just believe him. He had lied to me before.

    "How do I know you didn't provoke it?" I asked. "You could've deleted some texts to make it look like that..."

    "Ryland.." He took my hand. "I'm in love with you.." Shane looked straight into my eyes. "I have never stopped.."

    "What about Lily?" I asked, choking back tears.

    "She left me.." Shane said. "I know you're not going to leave Lisa for someone like me... but I needed you to know that I'm madly in love with you.."

    "Shane.." I started crying.

    "You don't have to change your life for me.." Shane said. "You don't have to tell me you feel the same... You don't have to love me... I just needed you to know.."