Eleven

Ryland's POV

The week went by so quickly, and it was the day of our wedding. I woke up that morning, looking at the tuxedo hanging in my closet. It was back from the dry cleaners, and my groomsmen had already picked up the boutineers.

Am I doing the right thing.....?

Am I actually doing the right thing?

"Ryland?" Shane was waiting for me to get ready. I kept forgetting he was my best man. "Are you up?"

"Yeah.." I said. "I'm getting ready..." I really wasn't. I was scared. Sitting on my bed, staring at the black tux was as close as I had ever felt to my life changing for good. It was terrifying. I had never thought it would be this terrifying. I grew up thinking that weddings were supposed to be a happy occasion.... a happy occasion where two people were vowing their love to each other in front of their friends and families. But today was hell. Today was my own personal hell, and I couldn't breathe. My injuries from the fire had healed to the point where I could walk with a small brace, and the burns had completely healed.

"Ryland?" Shane was at my door. "I knew you weren't up..."

"I'm nervous.." I said. "Today is the day..."

"Weren't you the one who wanted to move the day up?"

"Yeah... but I didn't expect for it to be this nerve-wracking...." I said. "I'll... I'll get ready.." I said, and he smiled as he walked out.

"You have thirty minutes before we need to be at the church. Take your time.."

~

As we waited at the church, I sat in a private room with Shane and the rest of my groomsmen.. who were all family members.

"You have ten minutes.." A lady said from outside.

"Thank you.." I said, tapping my foot. The room was completely silent.

"Would talking help you calm down?" Shane asked. I didn't respond. "Just... breathe. Think about all of the happy memories you have shared with Lisa. All of the sweetest moments.... How you felt when you proposed... how beautiful she looked that night...."

    "I don't know.... if I can do this..." I said. "Guys, can I talk to my best man alone?" I looked at my groomsmen.

    "What's going on?" Shane asked.

    "I'm terrified.." I said, starting to cry. "Am I making the right decision?"

    "Ryland.." He said. "Stop crying... and calm down..." I took a few deep breaths. "Do you love her?"

    "Of course..."

    "Do you want to be with her?"

    "I do.."

    "Do you see a future with her?" He kept asking me questions, but I didn't want to answer them. I knew whatever answer I'd give, I'd hate myself for it. All I wanted to do was kiss him.... Kiss Shane. Not Lisa....

    "I think I do.." I said.

    "Then you're meant to be with her.." Shane said. "Forget about all of the problems you have faced in the past, and walk out there.... and make your own choice. There's nothing I can do... nothing anyone else can do to stop you from following your own path today..."

    "Thank you.." I said.

~

     I stood at the altar, taking deep breaths and trying to keep my cool. After all, it was my wedding. Shane stood to my right with all of the groomsmen, and Lisa was about to come through the church doors.

    "I'm proud of you.." Shane mouthed when I looked at him. I couldn't help but watch his lips as he mouthed the words, but I knew I couldn't stop the wedding now. Lisa was heading towards me.

     It was a fairly quick ceremony, and it was already to the rings.

    "If anyone would object to this marriage.... speak now.... or forever hold your peace..." The pastor said. I looked at Shane who appeared to have been holding back his urge. But, that's when it happened.

    "Stop!" A person in the audience stood.

    "Joslyn?" I said.

    "What are you doing, Ryland?" She asked. "I thought you'd finally open your eyes before it was too late...."

    "Joslyn, I'm in love with Lisa... You're not going to change my feelings..." I said. "Pastor.... may we continue?" Joslyn left the church with haste, but turned around to say one last thing.

"Have fun with your divorce..." She stormed off. I looked at the pastor again.

"May we continue?" I asked.

    "Sure.." He said. "May I have the rings?" My nephew came down the aisle with the rings and handed them to the pastor.

~

    "I now pronounce you.... husband and wife. You may kiss the bride..." The pastor said, and it was finally done. I pulled Lisa close, wrapping my arms around her waist, kissing her passionately. We walked down the aisle, hand in hand, happily married.

     Shane and I didn't speak after that. He may have acted like marrying Lisa was the best idea for me, but in reality.... he was wishing the pastor would have said husband and husband.... not husband and wife. It wasn't long after we were married that we went on our honeymoon, and things felt perfect.

Lisa was hired by the YouTube management, and I was still working with Clevver. We adopted a dog, Chloe, but Lisa insisted we renamed her Unicorn and called her Corny as her ears always stuck up like horns. Every thing was perfect, and it had already been two years since we got married.

"Ry?" Lisa called.

"Lisa, I'm on the phone.." I said. "It's really important.." She was standing there, wearing nothing but one of my t shirts and a thong.

"Ryland?" Lisa said.

"Baby, I'm working.." I turned around to look at her. "Go wait..."

"I'm tired of fucking waiting..."

"You need to stop.." I said when she took my phone. She smirked, then hung up on Joslyn, whom I was speaking to about a new promotion at work that I was receiving. "Lisa.... That was work. Joslyn was promoting me... I was going to get my own show.. and have enough money to launch my own merchandise.."

"You're not going to have that job right now... Your job.. is to be with me.." She yanked on my shirt collar.