One

Shane's POV

     Ryland stopped talking to me after that night, and I knew I couldn't call or text him on his cell phone without the risk of Lisa answering first.

     Within the following week, I was invited to film with ClevverTV, meaning I'd have to face Ryland again.

    "Shane!" Joslyn gave me a hug when I arrived. "Come on in! Come on in! Lily! He's here!"

    "Who's here?" I heard his voice. As soon as I came into view, he rolled his eyes and walked away. "No one discussed this with me!"

    "Ryland?" Erin said. "We talked about this at the last meeting. You were the one who suggested we bring him here!"

    "He's a prick, okay? I can't be in the same room as him... I... I just can't.." He sounded terribly hurt, making me feel worse about our last encounter.

    "Shane is going to do Rumor Patrol.." Miriam said. "Right?"

    "Excuse me?" Ryland stood in anger. "Joslyn, that's our thing.."

    "You're doing an episode with Shane... or you're fired.." Misty said. "We can't have drama within the cast."

    "Fine.." Ryland scoffed as he walked past me.

~

     The entire filming process felt like a decade of awkwardness. I tried to be civil, but every time I looked over at Ryland, he gave me a look that inaudibly told me to fuck off.

    "Great work everyone! That's a wrap!"

    "Uh.. great job.." I said to Ryland.

    "This was strictly business..." He sassed me.

Ryland.... Please....

     I stuck around to visit with the girls, and Ryland ignored me the entire time, staying in the corner of the room while the girls gathered around to talk.

    "What's going on between you and Ry?" Joslyn asked.

    "Can you keep a secret?" I whispered. Luckily, we were alone at that point.

    "Of course.." She said.

    "I... I think I'm bisexual.." I said.

    "Really?" She smiled. "And... you're in love with him.... aren't you?" I nodded.

    "He's with Lisa..." I sighed. "She's undeserving of him.. He deserves to be loved by someone who will treat him with respect.."

"Then tell him.. The worse thing you could possibly do is let it go on. He needs to know..."

"He won't talk to me.." I teared up. "Last week, he came over after Lisa had stood him up.... He was upset about her.... I hugged him, and I didn't want to let him go. It felt so right..." I hesitated. "His phone rang, and it was her. He put it on speaker, and I snapped at her...... Ryland got mad, and left."

"If it makes you feel any better, Shane.... I've met Lisa. She's horrible.." Joslyn said. "You and Ryland would be perfect together.. He just needs to figure out if he's actually straight.."

"What?" I asked.

"You didn't hear this from me.... but he's been questioning if he's straight. I think he's gay.." Joslyn smiled. "Shyland is my OTP.."

"Fuck you.." I laughed. "You did not just say OTP.."

"Oh, I did.."

~