chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

Everything was dark. I tried to squint my eyes, but gave up shortly when no results showed from it. It felt like minutes has passed until a white glowing, womanly figure stood off on the far side from where I sat.

The woman figure stood still and quiet, making no attempt to come to me. I sat there just looking at her. All of a sudden her angelic voice spoke softly but powerfully throughout the empty darkness.

“Echo, stay strong and use your courage to defeat of what's upon us. You are extremely brave, just believe in yourself. There's evil lurking and lost souls are being created… have nothing get in your way to help ones you love…go now…,” The figure soon dissipated back into this surrounding darkness giving me no chance at all to ask her questions to what is even going on. Then onto realizing of how I was going to even ask if she had stay any longer… I couldn't trust anything that would roll off my tongue at anytime.

I layed down on the cold black ground feeling helpless in this place… the ground began to shake, bouncing my body around. What in the world????

Snapping my eyes open, I sat in a car seat, turning my head to the left, a window. Gazing forward there was a man in the driver's seat, extremely focused on the road. There were many bumpy parts of this road so I decided to sit up and look out the window. My eyes bulged out of their sockets and my heartbeat rising up to what I saw.

There were many hills as far as the eye can see. But that wasn't what got me, what got me was the dragons and pegasus that flew across the sky, and Nemean Lions that roamed the land. I gasped at the sight, then I began to think, where am I?

Looking towards the front of the vehicle from where the man is sitting, from what I could see he had blonde hair, and well built structure, he wore some type of suit. Maybe he is part of the Men in Black? Wait why would he? I think I've watched those movies one too many times. I shook off the thought and looked over at the rear view mirror, which the man was already staring right back at me. “Good, you are finally awake Miss.” I furrowed my brows together. He wore dark shades covering up his eyes. Who is he and for goodness sake, where and why am I even here in the first place?

“By the way you are looking at me, Miss Echo Amelia Everly. You are probably wondering where you are, why you are here and who I might be.” my brows rose up in surprise that he hit it smack dab in the center of the bullseye. Plus, how did he even know my name? For all I know I'm being kidnapped by those men who attacked my family and taken me away to who knows where. Wait is he going to kill me? Or worse torture me and then kill me?

I'm probably just overthinking this whole situation...

After staring at him for what seems like hours to no end surprised, I finally got my brain to start working, churning them rustic wheels and nod my head.

“You're not much of a talker I see,” he scrunched up his eyebrows a bit,"Well, one, where we are in is a place called Eichsfeldia, yeah it's bit of a mouthful to say but it is what it is. Second, why? Well, that's because you are in extreme danger and I was sent to come for you. To us, you are like an endangered species. Which is partially true in a sense, we didn't have much time, but luckily I got there when I did. And third, who am I? Well Miss, I am Kagin Stone, a top ranked guard from the palace of Eichsfeldia. I was sent personally by the King himself to come for you, Miss Echo Everly.”

I nodded my head and began soaking in all of what Mr. Kagin Stone has thoughtfully informed me about. I felt strange being in some random guy's car and talking nonsense to me. But wait isn't he the one that hit me and took me? Deciding to ignore it, I just let everything settle in.

_____________

Echo… I know you can hear me… let me help you…

Listen!