chapter 6

Chapter 6

Soon, not noticing the rose-pink light of dawn was slowly hitting across the land.

The people below were all gathering their families and heading inside their homes for the day until night was here once again.

They all soon disappear, still I sat here watching the entire time with intriguement. This is all new for me, this beauty bestowed before me was magnificent.

My eyes felt droopy but I didn't want to miss a single second as I watched the sunrise glow over this place. The Day people slowly crept out of their homes, breathing in the fresh air. Which given me the idea to do the same as well. Opening my windows I leaned against the railing taking deep breaths. It was so calming and relieving. I haven't felt like this in a long time.

The Eischfeldia people began to roam freely around going to places that is needed to be visited. I start to frown. All I have been doing is sitting up in this castle... I want to explore. I want to give in... I want to-

There came a loud knock on my door and I quickly turned closing my window and curtains.

The thoughts I was thinking vanished as I slowly approached the door. Another knocked sounded again from the other side. "Miss? Are you in there?" It was Amoretta who spoke. I let out a small breath of ease and cracked open the door. To my surprise it was only Amoretta. I tilt my head in confusion.

Amoretta smiled shyly, her red hair slowly covering her face. She fiddled her fingers. But wasn't she more confident just yesterday?

"I'm sorry Miss Echo Everly, Veldia isn't here today, she is running a few errands and so I'll be here to help you today."

With a quick nod I stepped back to let her in. She briskly walked inside and scurried to my closet. My eyebrows furrowed downward with confusion. Though, I was as well intrigued. Her hair was like flames flapping around inside my closet. She soon had come out with the most beautiful gown I had ever seen.

Amoretta noticed my gawking and her smile widen. "Miss Everly, the King had announced a ball being thrown tonight and requested for it to be in your honor."

I blinked.

In my honor? I don't understand. Why in my honor would he throw a ball? Also... why so early in the morning? Do they last long?

Amoretta ignoring my confused expressions, she got to work at hand, setting the gown to the side.

Amoretta pulled me along in a gentle manner, eyes glowing with excitement enabling to glamorize me.

She started my bath and let me wash up. Not without shooting comments here and there telling me to hurry up. Once I was done cleaning up, I was placed back into my pink robe.

She started off with my hair, this time however straightened it out and pulling and twisting it in different directions adding little diamond stoned jewels here and there throughout.

As Amoretta was working her magic on my hair that took about an hour and a half, which by then I had breakfast in between.

Amoretta was about to start my makeup when there came a loud and clean knock on my door.

Removing her hands from me, Amoretta swiftly left to answer the door. Not long after, a purple hair and shimmering figure popped up. Eyes gleaming with thrilling excitement. Veldia.

I looked at her questioning as if saying, I thought Amoretta told me you were running errands?? Were you not?

Veldia just tutted and grinned. Somehow after knowing each other for a short while she has grown quite comfortable around me.