Chapter 9

Harry’s POV

I woke up to the sun blinding me as my eyes fluttered open. I felt a heavy warmth on my side and moved my head to see Niall’s head on my chest with his body attached to my side. I took in my surroundings, unable to have seen much of Niall’s room last night in our haste. His room is completely unlike the rest of his house; it’s full of sleek, modern furniture, unlike the homey and old fashioned décor of the rest of his home. Niall suddenly takes a deep breath in as if he has just woken up, but sighs contentedly and nuzzles further into me. I smirk at him, wanting to cuddle into him and fall back to sleep but suddenly I feel a pressure in my bladder telling me I need the toilet and quick. I attempt to slowly move away from Niall but he quickly tightens his grip using the arm he has slung over my torso.

“Niall, I’ve got to go to the toilet.” I softly whisper, pressing my lips to his forehead.

Niall grumbles incoherently and holds me tighter, putting even further pressure on my bladder.

“Babe, I’ll cuddle you all day if you just let me go now.” I giggle as I card my fingers through his blond hair. Niall finally lifts his arm off me and turns so his back is against my side. I shake my head and smile as I finally get up and run to the toilet.

When I get back in bed, Niall is still lying on his side with his back turned to me. I cuddle up beside him with my front to his back and sling an arm over him, pulling him closer.

After a few moments Niall turned in his spot so his face was nuzzled into my chest as my arms wrapped tighter around him.

“Why does this feel so good?” Niall sleepily asks.

I let out a small giggle as I move my head back to look at him. “I dunno. It really does though, doesn’t it?” I put my head back in its position, with my chin resting on the top of his head.

“Do you want some breakfast?” Niall quietly asks, his voice raspy with the morning.

“If you let me make it.” I smile as I rub his back.

Niall moves backward out of my grasp. “Deal.” He smirks and lifts himself onto his knees before stretching.

I follow the boxer-clad boy down the stairs and back into the kitchen, where the night began so much more innocently than it ended up.

“What do you want? And uh, what do you have?” I smirk as I look around the kitchen for items to begin making breakfast.

Niall is bent over with his head in the fridge. “I’ve got some eggs, some meat, some veggies; will you make us omelets?” Niall smiles at me as he straightens up, handing me the ingredients.

“Of course, Ni.” I grin at him as I take the ingredients from him, my stomach still jumping as his hands brush mine.

I get to work cooking up the eggs as Niall places two placemats on his small table off to the side of the kitchen.

Once he’s done setting our places, he comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my torso and setting his chin on my shoulder.

“Can I help you?” I quip as I finish folding the omelets.

Niall lightly punches my back. “Just wanted to give you a hug, babe.”

“Babe?” I slightly turn my head as I go to plate the breakfasts.

“Well uh, yeah. You called me that when we woke up… I just figured it was alright.” Niall scratched the back of his neck as he looked away from me.

“I like it.” I smile as I hand him his plate.

“You do?”

“Of course. To be honest, that’s all I’ve wanted to hear you call me for a long time.” I smirk as I sit down and scoot my chair in.

Niall blushes and looks at his plate. “So… what are we then?”

“What do you mean?” I say with a mouthful of egg.

“Are we boyfriends or something?” Niall asks shyly.

I let out a small, nervous giggle. “I uh, I guess. I mean, if you want to be.”

Niall adamantly sets his fork down and gently grasps my hand across the table. “Harry Styles, would you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?”

“It would be my pleasure.” I say in a posh accent, with a small laugh, my stomach doing cartwheels.

A comfortable silence fills the room as we continue to eat, both of us stealing small glances at the other and laughing when the other looks back.

“Ready to go back to work tomorrow?” Niall asks as he grabs our empty plates to deposit in the sink.

“I guess.” I lean back on the counter as Niall rinses the plates. “I feel a little better about cooking but the hours are so long. Are you going to bring in more people?”

“As many as I can, yeah. We’re short staffed even on the days when I bring in every employee and obviously I can’t do that every day. Hopefully I’ll get a few more interviews lined up this week.” Niall says as he dries his hands on a towel. “And in addition to that I still need to figure out how to get Derek out of our contract so he doesn’t own any part of the restaurants anymore. Do you still think you can help me with that?”

“Of course.” I moved over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. “I’ll do whatever I can, love.” I placed a small kiss on his nose causing him to breathe out a small laugh.

I gently leant my forehead against his as my eyes flickered between his lips and his bright blue eyes. His hot breath made my senses alive as I closed the space between our bodies, my heart racing. I cupped a hand to the side of his face and gently played with the hairs on the back of his neck as I moved my lips closer to his. I captured his soft, pink lips in mine as I pulled him closer against me. I barely opened my mouth and immediately felt his tongue against mine; tangling as he deepened the kiss. He gently bit my bottom lip as he pulled away, leaning forward to quickly peck my lips again before leaning back.

I smiled as I looked into his eyes, my heart rate beginning to slow and breathing steadying.

“Wow.” 

-

A/N

I'm so sorry about this short chapter! :( I just wanted to give you guys something. I'm absolutely swamped with homework and the stress of it is killing me. :( I hope to update again this week if I get a chance but it's my girlfriend's birthday on Saturday so I'm also trying to get this weekend's homework in during the week. If nothing else, I should be able to get you an update next Monday. I'm sorry that my updates aren't consistent or frequent and that my chapters have been short but I'm just trying to juggle everything in my life and sometimes writing can be just as stressful as my other homework. I hope you guys enjoyed this small and basically pointless chapter, I know it's fairly poorly written but I'm trying.<3 Have an amazing week you guys, I love you all so much!