Confusion

We got in our rental car and Quentin starts to drive.

"Quentin, we aren't going to find her!" I say trying to convince Quentin to go home because I'm really tired.

"Well we are going to McDonald's cause I'm starving!" Quentin says and laughs.

We go to McDonald's and I order their medium chicken nugget meal.  Quentin gets a Big Mac. We eat our food and quentin goes to the toilet. As im waiting  for Quentin I look out the window and I see her ford!!

I get up off my seat and run out of McDonald's over her car. I don't know if it's definitely her but Ima keep running. I get to the car and it is the girl.  She gets out of the car and I run over to her side.

"Oh hi!" She says as she sees me.

"Well you know my name, do you wanna tell me yours?" I say laughing.

She laughs then says, "Rome!"

"So why'd you run off on me awhile ago?" I asked.

"I'd explain but I'd probably never see you again!" Rome says.

"I'll only see you again if you let me," I say.

"Well I got a boyfriend!" She says and laughs.

"Nice, but that doesn't mean we can't hang out?" I ask a bit taken aback.

"Yeh, I guess!" Rome says.

I see Quentin coming out of McDonald's so I walk away and go over to our car. Quentin gets in and we drive. I see Rome looking at my car and she looks as confused as I did when she drove off on me.

We arrive home and Corey is sitting editing so I go get my laptop and sit next to him and start editing as well.

After about an hour I take a break from editing and go to check my phone.

Lots of people following me and lots of dms. One of them stands out. It's from Rome.

Rome.Underwood67 - woah 1M followers, why'd you run off.

I look at it and put away my phone. She probably only is interested now because she knows I'm well known.

But she texts again.

Rome.Underwood67 - Tanner? Meet up sometime?
Tannerbraungardt - what about your boyfriend?
Rome.Underwood67 - me and you are just friends?
Tannerbraungardt - I know...
Rome.Underwood67 - so are we gonna hang out or what?
Tannerbraungardt - sure

I decide to go to sleep then and decide not to worry about Rome.

--- the next morning ---

"Tanner! Tanner! Tanner!"

I open my eyes and see Quentin shaking me.

"What? What?" I say sitting up and squinting my eyes.

"Come on we have to be in the airport in a half hour!" Quentin says.

I get up and put on my clickbait hoodie and a grey tracksuit pants. I put on my nike runners.

I go to the kitchen and have my breakfast still feeling and looking like a zombie.

"Hey dude!" Quentin says as he sits down next to me.

"Hi!" I say.