End 1

Hey sorry if there are any weird cut off this was not meant to be split into chapters but rather as one bit book. I hope you enjoy it anyway!

~~

High above the Earth, the angels debated as they wove the fates of two very important individuals. In their past, an unfortunate chain of events left the souls of the two back in the hands of the Guardian Angels.They bickered for many hours, making sense of the mess in which they were left with. Eventually they came to a slightly unsettling conclusion, but it would work.

At the end of their work, a baby girl named Headley was born in New York, destined to be a feisty owner of a club that will never fall in love. A baby boy named Stanley was also born, but in Britain, destined to have a mediocre life with mediocre achievements, and he will never be extraordinary.

Over twenty years flew by, all memories of their history was wiped, and Headley sat at the bar in the strip club in which she owned. The bartender, and tall skinny man who was constantly disorganized and disheveled, had had a couple too many drinks, and decided everyone else needed just as many. The music blared in the background, which the bartender had also set up, as one of her workers performed, but all she could focus on was the money Hank was giving away before her. At last, she lifted herself off of the stool, and went around to the back side of the bar to talk to him.

"Hank!" She hollered over the music, and the bartender's obvious drunkenness. He didn't hear her, so she screamed again, this time her voice piercing through all else. "HANK!"

The bartender looked over at her with a huge smile on his face. "Ya Heady?" He asked, saying her name completely wrong in his drunken whatever.

"It's Headley." She corrected angrily. "And you need to stop giving away these drinks its a problem!"

"Aw, Heady, don't be buzz kill, I'm just trying to get the party started."

"It's 1 in the morning, the parties just about to end, fuck nut." Her anger boiling over, into an insult that didn't quite match how she felt. "I'll fire you!" Was her final threat and it worked really well. Hank quit giving away free drinks, and she had enough time to go and get prepared for the closing act, her own performance.

She went around back to the dressing room, and put on her costume for the night as well as lots of makeup to cover up an ugly scar on her chest and decorate her face. To her, it wasn't even story worthy, she didn't even know where it came from. The costume, on the other hand, was a story. It was a filling skirt the unclipped in the back to reveal a scandalous bikini bottom. On top was a fire red low cut crop top covered in lace, just the way she liked it. As awful as it may seem, she didn't mind stripping so much anymore. It used to bother her more, but now she was more confident in herself. At least, that's how she justified it to herself. Although she claimed to lover her job, she wanted to be something else. She knew there was no shot at a college education in her economic state, so the jobs she dreamed of ranged from tattoo shop clerks to florists. Each dream came with costumes far less revealing than the ones that she wore, and way more comfortable.

As she went to take the stage, her stomach flipped like it had before the start of every performance since her first one. She could remember it so clearly. Young, dumb, and numb at the age of only 16. Her parents never cared much about her, and didn't do anything when she was flunking a majority of her classes. At first she only did it in the side to seem like she was still in school, so she might be able to afford college since her parents wouldn't be able to and her grades were awful. Eventually, when she knew she couldn't she just never stopped. At her first show, she was in the middle when the crowd was roudier. She thought she was tough before, but that show seriously beat her up. The lights had shined into her eyes and the crowd screamed a jeered. It wasn't a huge crowd but it was enough to be intimidating. But before she knew it she was dancing around to the beat, twirling around a pole and removing various articles of clothing. It was spring then, and things were warmer. Now it was winter and her job had toughened, and bittered her quite a bit. Now she danced like a routine ingrained into her. Except there was no routine, only music, cheap clothes, and loud men.