End 5

At last, the time arrived for them to go out to dinner. The place Headley had picked was very fancy, and fancy dress was necessary to be let in as well as a reservation. Places like that made her feel important. The dress that she picked was a deep red and was skin tight with three quarter sleeves. She felt good leaving her house, loud black strappy heels that echoed down the streets she walked. To compliment the shoes she picked a large black fluffy jacket the billowed in the wind behind her.

Than was also elated to know he would be hanging out with Headley again. The place she picked was way more expensive than he had originally planned on a first date, but it was worth it. Originally he wanted to go somewhere a little bit more low key. He was always more comfortable in a more casual environment, but this was something completely out of his comfort zone. Afterall, formal was the promise that he'd made to himself. What surprised him was that Headley wouldn't be intimidated. It was full of fancy rich people, and, well, she was the exact opposite. She was a show stopper anyhow. When she came storming down the sidewalk outside the restaurant, Than's jaw physically dropped. Everything about her was so beautiful, so real, almost pure.

Than was no disappointment either. The suit he was wearing was somewhat informal, but, to put it in perspective, everyone else was wearing three piece suits. If not three pieces, at least a tuxedo jacket. The whole outfit was solid black, shimmering in the moonlight with every movement he made. It was only a button up shirt and slacks and shiny dress shoes. Although simple, the whole ensemble was spectacular, the solidity of it was quite impressive.

"Hey flowa, how's it going? You look spectacular tonight. Quite the outfit there." Than said, flashing a grin, and reaching out to hold her hand.

She held his hand, and smiled back at him. "Why thank you, you don't look too bad yourself Thanley." Headley said, bringing back his crappy nickname.

"I must agree, but I'm also quite starving so why don't we go inside, and 'dine'. As the rich say." He joked, spinning her around to get the full view.

She giggled. "Whatever you say, loser." She said, leading the two inside the grand restaurant before them.

"I say we have something to eat I'm starving!" He said in quick response.

"Me too!"

So the two went inside, and the restaurant did not disappoint either. The scale was enormous, the ceiling seemed to go for miles. There were three levels, one up above with a small set of stairs leading the way. Each stair was lit by light tones leading the way, and the level above was still on all different levels with booths and tables every which way. On the main level, there was a small podium where the hostess stood, flipping through pages in a black book. The tables here were a little more moderate, with less booths and more tables for two. There were still dimmed lights but less colorful than the top level. Below that there was three doors which were dimly lit with dim colors. For an italian restaurant, it was quite modern. Every italian restaurant that Than had visited was more run down and old person ish. This was a shock in many different ways.

"Hello." Headley said politely to the hostess.

"Hello." The hostess said with a wide smile showing off her bold lipstick and white teeth. "Do you have a reservation this evening?" She asked in a loud but polite voice.

"Yes. For Davidson, Headley Davidson for two."

"Ah, yes. Right this way Miss." The hostess handed two menus to a waiter who led them to a closed off booth on the main level with a window view of the street not too far below. While the view of the restaurant itself was largely obstructed by the tall seat backs, it still provided a moderate view of the busy scene that night.