End 6

The next morning was strange to say the least. That was the first time Than had stayed the night in the span of the month or two that they'd been seeing each other, and it almost happened by accident.

As Headley woke up, she rolled over expecting her little trick to have brought Than to bed with her, but she was startled to find that he wasn't there. She thought he'd left, but to make sure, she jumped out of bed and began to walk through the house. It wasn't long before she found Than sacked out on her tiny couch. His tall figure hardly fit, and a majority of his legs dangled over the side. The scene made her smile, and she went over to go wake him.

"Hey, sleepy head, c'mon wake up," She said, placing one of her hands on his shoulder and shaking lightly.

Than smiled without opening his eyes. "Ssh, I was having a really good dream."

"Oh yeah? What was it about?" She asked, straightening and then moving quickly to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

"Oh it was blissful!" He exclaimed as he rose from the couch, his once perfectly wrinkless shirt was crumpled and completely wrinkled.

"Yeah, but what was it about?" Headley said with slight impatience from the kitchen. She was leaning over trying to get a good look into the fridge, which was still quite empty.

He grinned, "I could fly!" Was all he could say, as he stared at a spot on the floor, thinking about his dream.

Headley rested her elbows on the counter to look at him, kicking the door shut with her foot. "Oh yeah? What was it like?"

He let out a sigh, and rested his attention on Headley's face and her deep brown eyes that were fixed on him. "It was strange, but it was nice."

"What was so strange about flying other than the fact that humans are physically incapable?" She blurted in an almost sarcastic matter.

"No, it wasn't only that, it was the wings I had. They were like bat wings, but they had torn wings. And the person flying looked just like me, but they didn't have my birthmarks and they had the tattooes," He said, furrowing his eyebrows and looking away from Headley's stare that had grown quite intense.

"You dreamt of the man with the tattooes that's been showing up in those memory scenes, but you somehow thought it was you?" Headley said, taking her elbows of the counter and placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah..." He paused and thought for a moment. "What if those people are us?" He now looked back a Headley who looked completely shocked.

"No way!" She said, shaking her hands out in front of her body, and shaking her head as well. "That girl doesn't look anything like me. She was so tall and skinny and- and, everything that I'm obviously not!" She exclaimed.

"It's possible. She said my freaking name, Headley. He called you the same thing I call you. How is that a coincidence?"

"We must be going crazy. This doesn't happen to people, they don't just get these memories that aren't even their own. She was a fucking angel, Thanley," She said, now using the nickname against him. "Do I seem like any kinda saint to you?"

"You never know!" Than exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air.

Stunned silence hung in the air as Headley stared at him with an expression of fear, shock, and anger wrapped up into a furrowed brow and lips that were firmly set in a line.

After a couple of minutes of silence, and an intense stare off, Headley spoke. She shook her head, looking away from the man she thought she knew quite well. "I'm going to take a show, and maybe by the time I get out our wits will have returned to us.