3

❝i want all of us to be together forever.❞

F L A S H B A C K  C H A P T E R

[9 9 9   M Y S T I C   F A L L S]

"Father doesn't want you handling weapons." The girl scoffed at her older brothers statement as she held the sword in her hands.

"Father doesn't want me to do anything." She whined, handing the sword back to her brother. "Veronica, not this again."

Veronica glanced at the taller boy, looking at him as she smiled. "I won't cause you any trouble Reese." She said, leaning in as she pecked his cheek.

"Now I must go, and I will do something that will satisfy father." She said, smiling at her brother who frowned. "I'll go and get some apples."

She lifted her dress a bit so the hem wouldn't get dirty. Veronica was always the one being left out, Reese however, their father was proud of him. Reese was a great warrior, and sometimes Veronica thought about her fathers harsh words. I wish you were a boy, so you could match with your brother. It made her think, what if she was a boy? Things would've been easier for her.

She smiled reaching a clearing, as she saw apple trees. Running on the green grass she put her basket down which she had gotten along with her to this trip.

She huffed, crossing her arms looking at the apples. She couldn't reach any of them, being her tiny self.

She turned around but saw a figure as she jumped a bit. He looked at her, "I apologise, I did not mean to startle you."

Veronica smiled at the young man. "No it is alright.." She trailed off as the man bowed, taking her hand in his, slightly kissing her knuckles. Veronica blushed a bit at his sudden behaviour, Reese never let the young girl around men.

"Elijah Mikaelson." He said smiling at her, as she smiled back now curtseyed. "Veronica Young, it's a pleasure Mr. Mikaelson."

She lifted her head looking into his captivating eyes. He smiled at her. "The pleasure is mine." Elijah looked at her empty basket and then the tree of apples. "Do you need help?"

Veronica looked at the basket as well and blushed in embarrasment. "Yes.. If you can help me with my current situation."

Elijah nodded as he walked next to her reaching an apple as he grabbed it handing it to Veronica who gladly took it. With his help they managed to get the basket full of apples.

The two had sat down on the green grass, as Veronica smiled at Elijah who was telling stories about his siblings. "That seems interesting Mr. Mikaelson. I only have one sibling, and he's a pain." She said to him, fiddling with her dress. Of course she was nervous that she was actually talking with a really handsome man.

Elijah laughed as Veronica frowned looking at him. "What? What is it?" He turned to look into her hazel eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. "It is nothing. Please call me Elijah."

Veronica smiled, looking down at her hands. "Yes, of course. You may call me Veronica as well."

Elijah nodded about to say something until someone yelled the girls name. A tall man reached the two looking down at the girl. Elijah could assume he was her brother.

"Veronica let's go." He said to her as she stood up, dusting her dress as she grabbed the basket. She smiled at Elijah, "Let us meet again Mr. Mikael -- I - I mean Elijah." She stuttered as he nodded laughing before her brother pulled her away. Elijah had a feeling that their paths would cross soon enough.