12

❝my selfishness that couldn't let you go
turned into an obsession that
imprisoned you.❞

C H A P T E R  T W E L V E

"Veronica are you sure?" Rebekah asked concerned about the younger girl who only nodded. Rebekah saw right through her, she didn't want her to do this alone.

"I'm sure." Veronica said as she turned away from Rebekah, opening the double doors as she strutted in front of her brother.

Reese lifted his head smiling groggily. "Look who decided to stand up for herself."

Veronica looked down at him, as she growled lowly. She didn't want to harm her brother but she didn't have much of a choice. "Reese don't make me do this."

Reese chuckled, before his face hardened. "I dare you, you wouldn't even hurt me anyway. You were always a one-" Veronica interrupted him as she  yelled punching him in the face as his face fell to the left. He spat to the floor as Veronica breathed heavily.

She was trying not to cry, but failed miserably. Veronica wiped under her eyes where the tears had fallen as she turned around trying to ignore his yells. She closed to the door as she straightened her shirt before going back in.

"I might not want to do this but trust me, Elijah knows who will want to. And you know perfectly who it is." She spat as Reese's eyes widened a bit, as his mouth fell open. He might not have met Niklaus personally, but he had met two of the Mikaelsons. Elijah and the other one he used to call his brother. Veronica did not know who Elijah had in mind.

"Ve -- Veronica!" He yelled as Veronica walked to the doors ignoring him. "Veronica please! Don't!" She closed the doors as she breathed in heavily.

She turned to meet Elijah. "Care to share the person?" Elijah smirked a bit. "Not yet."

○○○

Veronica held a glass of bourbon as she sat down on a black armchair. "I need to make sure our father or mother hadn't brainwashed him at some point. For that Elijah has a master plan according to himself, which all of you will know soon enough."

Rebekah frowned a bit looking at Elijah who only shrugged, as Niklaus looked at all of them. "Would you care to share now or when?" Rebekah asked, looking at the girl and then Elijah.

Veronica shrugged sharing a look with Elijah before looking back at Rebekah. "You'll know soon."

Rebekah sighed dragging Niklaus with her as Elijah walked over to Veronica. He sat down on a couch next to her, the atmostphere silent and quite awkward.

"Elijah.." Veronica started, as she placed the glass on a table in front of her. Elijah looked up at her slightly. "We need to bury the axe.. I don't want a 'I'll consider it' I want an answer, Elijah."

Elijah sighed brushing his hair back a bit. "I cannot give you an answer." Veronica frowned slightly hurt, looking into his eyes. Elijah took her hands in his rubbing his thumbs on her petite small hands.

"I don't want to hurt you... It always goes into that. We have buried the axe millions of times, and where did it bring us?" Elijah breathed out as Veronica closed her eyes, tears filling them.

"No Elijah, we have survived those times many times. You could've hurt me yet you didn't. I was being.. irrational. I didn't think about your feelings." Veronica said, sniffling  a bit as Elijah pursed his lips together wiping her fallen tears with his thumbs.

He cupped his face as Veronica leaned her forehead into his. Their lips were so close to each other, wanting the warmth radiating from each other. As they were nearing Elijah furrowed his eyebrows together, as he lifted his head placing a kiss on her forehead. Veronica breathed out a cry, as Elijah stood up and left the room.

She felt alone, she even wanted to forgive him for all of the things he had done to her. And she wanted to apologise to him for all of the things she'd done to him. Veronica would do anything by now to feel his touch everytime they wake up, but somehow Elijah felt that that was impossible.

But Veronica was determined to make it possible.