22

❝if a hug represented how much i loved you, i would hold you in my arms forever❞

• C H A P T E R  T W E N T Y T W O •

Veronica sat down to her bed as she plopped down staring at the white old ceiling. Everything seemed just right in her life at the moment. She had Elijah once again, she had talked to Kol, Reese is okay. Everything was okay in her life. 

"Veronica?" She heard a knock on the door as she lifted her head up and groaned. "What is it Kol?" She wanted to take her words back. Not everything was okay in her life at the moment. 

"It's just.. Nothing, I just wanted to talk." Veronica sat up looking at him. "Talk."

Kol smiled a bit, as he sat down next to her. "Can we just forgive and forget?" Veronica looked away and then back at him. "Veronica I know how hard it's been for you, you and Elijah fought a lot in the past, and I didn't joke about you being a bad dancer. You are, really bad," Veronica chuckled and so did he. "and I want to laugh with you again. Elijah is lucky to have you." He smiled sincerely as Veronica couldn't help it either.

"So you did think about it," Kol nodded as Veronica continued. "and I appreciate it."

○○○

Veronica stepped out of the shower and now she was happy. She and Kol went out for a drink, had a nice meal and laughed. A lot.

She looked at him and smirked as she tightened her robe. He was holding a bottle of champagne, and two glasses. "After a long day I thought this would help you." He smiled placing the bottle and the glasses to a tiny coffee table.

"You were right." Veronica walked to him as she grabbed one glass and poured some of the liquid. "Absolutely right."

Elijah smiled as he poured some for himself, just casually admiring the girl in front of his eyes. Any man would dream of her, she was beautiful with her flaws, she was kind yet dangerous. Her smile would do something to any man, even Elijah after so many years. When she was human, she was shy around him and he found it rather cute when she blushed at some tiny actions he performed; such as holding her hand.

She was perfect to him in his eyes and he never wants to let her go. Veronica is like a candle light. He was afraid that he would turn around and she was gone. That wind would take her away and she wouldn't shine beautifully alongside with him. Veronica always brightened his day, and he had never stopped loving her.

"What is it Elijah, darling?" Veronica asked looking at him as he only looked away smiling. To her he was the moon that gave her the light she needed while walking in the dark streets.

He placed the glass down as he picked her up, as she let out an excited squeal. "Elijah!" She squeaked as he placed her to the bed delicately.

"Let's continue from where we left, shall we?"