10

❝if someone is drowning and wants you to drown with him. dont do it.❞

C H A P T E R T E N

C H A P T E R T E N

She felt the water hugging her body as she swam back up, brushing her hair out of her face. Opening her eyes she swam to the edge of the pool, smiling at him.

"How nice of you." Veronica smirked as he held a towel in his hands, squatting on the edge of the pool. "I decided to help the damsel in distress." Veronica hummed in response before looking back at him. "Why don't you join me for a swim, Niklaus?"

Niklaus scoffed, looking down at the girl. "That's a wish that'll never be granted." He placed the towel on a chair as Veronica laughed.

"Oh don't be grumpy Niklaus." She yelled as the man had reached to the door which led inside. "Well that will be hard." He muttered before walking back inside. Veronica smiled in amusement as she pulled herself up from the water, sitting on the edge, her legs in the water.

Living with Mikaelson's wasn't as hard and gruesome as she thought it would be. But burying the battle axe and starting on a clean table with Elijah, that was the hard part. She stood up fully as she wrapped the white towel around her bikini drying her body before she placed the robe on her. She saw Rebekah inside as she walked to her.

"Rebekah? Is there any fresh blood, I'm quite hungry." Veronica asked as Rebekah turned around smiling to the brunette girl.

"In the fridge." Veronica smiled walking to the fridge as she grabbed a plastic bag of blood and pouring the content into a glass, before walking back to Rebekah into the living room.

"See Rebekah, this is why we are friends." Veronica raised her glass smirking at her. "It saddens me that we've never met before." Rebekah frowned a bit as Veronica waved her free hand in the air. "You know what I mean Bek."

"Bek?" Veronica nodded, as she sat down. "Yes, I think it sounds cute." Rebekah nodded slowly, "I like it."

Veronica drank a bit from the glass as she muttered. "You better." Rebekah turned to her as Veronica smiled to her. "Is that a challenge, Ronnie?"

Veronica choked on the blood she was drinking as she coughed. "Ronnie?" Rebekah nodded smiling to her. "It suits you."

Veronica placed her glass on to the table, as she stood up looking into Rebekah's beautiful orbs. They held pain but mostly love for her family. Rebekah truly loved them. Which is what Veronica wished she had, no matter what they always had each others backs a mistake after another. When Veronica supposedly did one mistake her brother is determined to kill her.

"Are you now challenging me Bek?" Veronica smirked as Rebekah shrugged innocently.

Veronica sped to the yard, as Rebekah followed her. "Try me blondie." Veronica spat playfully, as Rebekah laughed. Their play fights became a thing as soon as they first met.

"Bite me." With that Veronica sped to her, grabbing Rebekah's arm as she threw her to the floor. Veronica smirked cocking her head to the side a bit until her smirk faltered as Rebekah quickly got out of her grip.

Veronica turned around only to be met a with a really powerful kick to the stomach as she flew to the wall. She groaned standing up quickly, as she cracked her neck. "Alright Bek. Bring it on."

Elijah and Niklaus quickly found theirselves on the porch as the two looked at the girls fighting. "Seems like our dear sister is about to get defeated." Niklaus smirked at Elijah, looking down at the girls as Veronica kept throwing punches towards Rebekah.

Elijah said nothing as he looked at Veronica. She was covered in blood and then she fought again and again. They were the same age, Rebekah and Veronica. But Veronica was a bit more skilled in fighting than Rebekah.

"I give up!" Rebekah yelled laughing as Veronica chuckled looking up to the porch. She grinned to the boys making Elijah smile, and she noticed it. Maybe the bond they shared was fixable. Maybe they still had a chance.

"Woo!" Veronica yelled in victory, as she held a hand towards Rebekah who kindly took it.

"You're hard to beat Bek." Veronica smiled to her as her eyes widened a bit. Everything she heard was tuned out as Niklaus noticed it.

Veronica frowned trying to hear better as she looked up at Niklaus. She nodded in fear as Niklaus sped down in front of her. "Veronica?" Niklaus asked as he looked everywhere.

Veronica looked everywhere as well as she looked up to the roofs. She met his eyes, his golden murderous eyes as she staggered back a bit. Rebekah and Elijah stood by her as the next sentence she said had them worrying.

"He's here."