15

❝and if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, i will smile at you with joy❞

• C H A P T E R  F I F T E E N •

Veronica would hear every now and then her brothers screams. No one was torturing him, he kept just yelling her name which was slowly driving her mad. She sighed standing up, as she opened the doors revealing Reese tied in a chair, and the chains on the floor tightly holding him down. With vervain in his system he was groggy and tired. 

"Just stop fighting.." She muttered walking to him as she kneeled, lifting his head and it broke her heart seeing her brother like this. "Do you want the truth?"Reese looked into Veronica's deep brown, hazel eyes. "Are you willing to listen to me now?" 

Reese just kept staring at her, and Veronica sat down to the floor. "Alice invited me to dinner, she said she wanted to talk about something important. I knew it was about you, and she seemed so happy. So I went to your house, seeing the door open. I walked inside and.." She fought back the tears. Alice was like a sister to her, and she loved her. "and.. someone was there. He.. He killed her, it was too late. I killed the vampire and threw the body away, and I didn't know what to do. Then you came and I panicked thinking it was someone else, so I left."

Reese closed his eyes, looking down at his feet. "I was going to propose her that day." Veronica looked up at her brother, her eyes widening. "Did you find out who it was..?"

Veronica nodded as she stood up. "I killed them all."

  ○○○  

"Elijah?" She yelled and looked through every room, but didn't find anyone in the whole house. Veronica walked outside, looking at the backyard, until someone pinned her to the wall, holding her throath. 

Veronica looked down at the one who caught her off guard. "Veronica." The man let go as she held her sore throath. This was Elijah's plan? Him? "How do you know my name?" She asked looking at him. He smiled a bit. "That's a story for another time." Veronica frowned, she had only met this man once, and it was the Mikaelson ball, in Mystic Falls. 

"We did dance once, but I don't recall telling my name to you?" She asked following him inside, as he stopped turning to meet her. "Did we? When?"

"Leila Lodge at your service." She said smiling to him, as he remembered. Kol did know Veronica, and her brother Reese when they were human. Elijah wasn't the first one who met her. Sadly she just didn't remember Kol. In her world, it was Elijah who met her first, stole her heart and lived happily ever after. In Reese's world, it was Kol they met first, but he made a promise of not telling her sister about it. And Reese.. He always keeps his word. 

"Ah, I remember now. You were a bad dancer, now excuse me." Kol said, as he walked to the room where Reese was. He frowned looking at him, he didn't remember his family turned him. "What is he? Veronica bit her lip, she knew she shouldn't say anything. "He's one of a kind." She said finally after a moment of silence, now making Kol frown at her. "That doesn't help."

Veronica sighed as she gave in. "He was never turned. A witch did this, my mother. So I cannot answer your question. I don't know what he is. I just know that vervain affects him." Kol nodded slightly as he walked to Reese who lifted his head to see that who came inside the room. 

"Hello, brother." Kol said quietly as Reese looked at him. "What is with Mikaelson's? Do I attract you?" Reese said as Kol hummed. "A charmer as always." 

"Let me out of these chains will you?" Reese asked hopefully, as he saw Veronica at the doors listening to their conversation. "Are you crazy? Why is she here?" He asked, glaring at the original. They had made a deal of not telling Veronica anything and Kol was breaking the rules. 

"I've decided not to care about our deal anymore." Kol said back, clenching his teeth. "She deserves to know." Veronica glared at the two.

"Okay, what's happening here?" She asked walking to the two. Kol smiled at her as she kept glaring. "Oh nothing love, I'll share it later. Can you leave me and your brother alone for five minutes?"

Veronica sighed as she walked out of the room, closing the doors behind her as she huffed sitting down on an armchair, and just in time Elijah walked in, looking at her in confusion. 

Meanwhile Kol, kept looking at Reese. "You'll break her heart if you tell my sister about it. She'll be so mad at you for erasing memories of her best friend." Reese said, looking at Kol. 

"I deserve it." Kol said quietly looking at Reese who sighed. For these past two weeks he has been captured, he finally grew to believe Veronica about the whole Alice incident, placing the pieces together. 

"Maybe you do, but she doesn't." Reese said as Kol blinked his eyes a few times, standing up. "I'll convince my family to let you out of those chains." With that he walked away, seeing Veronica sitting down in a chair as she stood up. 

Kol walked to her as he grabbed her face in his hands, forcing her to look into his eyes, as the two ignored Elijah's presence. "Remember everything." 

And suddenly her mind was flooded with memories.