19

❝someone who means the world to you❞

• C H A P T E R   N I N E T E E N •

Veronica brushed her tangled hair back, as she pulled on her 'signature' silk robe over her body as she turned around seeing Elijah.

She smiled placing her arms on his neck as he placed his on her waist. "Is this your way of saying, that you want to date me?"

Elijah smiled breathing in, as he held her close. "Shouldn't I take you out to dinner first?" Veronica chuckled looking into his eyes. "Could you go out and get something to eat for me?"

Elijah licked his lips looking down at her, since she was shorter than he is. "Just this once."

○○○

Veronica sat down to a chair as she let her robe fall to the ground, closing her eyes and just enjoying the warmth the sun offered her. After a long time, she actually was happy. "Niklaus." She said, opening her eyes, looking to her right seeing him sitting next to her.

"You didn't joke about your offer I assume." She laughed turning to him as Niklaus only smirked. "How could I turn down an offer from you?" He couldn't help it but be close with her. He wanted to be friends with her, there just was something dangerous yet innocent about her. And he was curious.

"Kol told you?" She asked closing her eyes again as Niklaus hummed. "Are you okay?" He asked which slightly surprised her since the rumors she had heard about him weren't pretty.

"I am, thank you for asking. I appreciate it." She said smiling to him as she heard him standing up and walking inside. Veronica was more than happy. Except for the whole Kol case, everything else was finally good in her life. But she also wanted to know, if she and Elijah were really back together that it wasn't just the heat of the moment. And she hoped it wasn't. 

All of a sudden, out of the blue someone lifted her up and threw her into the water, as she swam up in the surface, brushing her hair back as she saw Elijah. She smirked and pursed her lips. "You're going to pay for that!" She yelled as she walked out of the pool, speeding to him as she pushed him into the water jumping after him. The two swam up and smiled to each other. "I told you you're going to pay for that." Elijah slightly laughed, he was like a different person when he was with her. 

He caressed her cheeks and leaned in for a kiss, as the two smiled between their shared kisses. Elijah was happy too, but he was slightly blaming himself for not finding her sooner, and being with her. Elijah also knew that Niklaus shared some feelings towards her even if he didn't want to admit it. But he was determined to show his brother that Veronica was his and his only. 

"What about that date?" Elijah asked, holding her body as close as he could to his. Veronica smiled, "I think I would rather just lay in the bed with you." He nodded a bit agreeing to her idea. "I think that sounds just great." 

  ○○○  

"Reese?" She asked and frowned seeing an empty chair and the chains on the floor. "Are you here?" Veronica asked as she held the blood bag in her hands. 

"Here." He stepped inside from the balcony, rolling up his sleeves. Veronica saw that he had new clothes, he had cut his hair and smelled a lot better than a few days ago. "Kol let me out of the chains, and gave me clothes." Veronica nodded as she walked to him giving him the blood bag as he pursed his lips. He wasn't fond of the idea of him drinking his sister's blood even though he's been doing it for such a long time. Never from her vein, just the bag. If Veronica wasn't around, he'd just kill some new and young vampires. That's how the rumors of him started, that he kills without mercy. 

"I've said many centuries that it's okay. Why won't you believe me?" She asked looking at him, Veronica always wanted to take care of her big brother, at least she wanted to try. 

"I just.. I don't like it." Reese said looking at the blood bag, the smell of the blood inviting him. "I.."

Veronica sighed as she teared the bag open with her teeth and then with her unnatural speed and strength she forced the liquid down to his throat. "I don't care how you feel about it. I want you to survive, god damn it! So drink, or I'll always force you to. I don't want to see you wither and all grey in a coffin, I'm not prepared for that!" She spat looking at his face which was full of emotions. Reese nodded wiping the blood from the corners of his mouth. His sister was scary when she really was angry to him mostly. And he didn't understand how come she was never angry to him when he wanted to kill her and almost did. 

"Would you like to meet the others? More politely this time." She asked him as he nodded. "Then let's go."