Chapter 7:Confident

Not Edited

Rhea Point of View

Thursday

Yesterday (Wednesday) was a complete drag and Zinaya was joking around because she still hasn't asked Jeremiah out for me. It was embarrassing that I had to get my friend to do it for me but I was a nerve wreck to get face with rejection. However, I already did ask Max to take Zinaya to the Halloween date and he accepted but he found it funny when I told him about the deal.

"Did you ask him?" I ask bum-rushing Zinaya before my free period started. I was more nervous because I just got out my French class and Jeremiah really didn't talk to me as he used to.

Zinaya huffs as she shakes off my grip on her arm. "Ask who-what?" she ask with a confuse expression playing on her face expression.

I reach over and slap her in the arm as we walk across the school courtyard. I flicker my gaze around the picnic tables to see Jeremiah talking to one of the football players. "Please go ask him."

She sighs but nods. "Go sit over there and I'll be back," she states with a flip of her hair before she approaches Jeremiah.

I move over to a bench that hid behind a tree and I was closer to her Zinaya. "Hey can I talk to you for a moment, Jeremiah," she asks and I knew my friend had a flirtatious smile on her face.

"Um sure," Jeremiah say and I peek around the tree to see them stand on the side of the courtyard and near the tree, I was hiding behind.

Zinaya flips her head and glance my way and she mouthed, 'Hid!' I duck behind the tree and I just listen to what she asks him. "You heard about the Halloween movie night at the movie theater, right and the big party bash at George Boy Diner?" she asks Jeremiah.

I peeks my head out to see Jeremiah frown as he leans up against a bench. "Ain't it this Saturday because I heard Amber talking about it but I didn't ask anyone to go with me," he says with a simple shrug. I eyed his gray tee that fit well over his body because I think that boy had a six-pack.

Zinaya claps her hands and I look away from Jeremiah. God, was I checking him out?

"Well I like to ask you something on the behalf of my clueless friend," she said.

I roll my eyes at what she said and I watch Jeremiah sit on top of the picnic table and stretch out his legs that was clad in dark jeans. "You talking about-Rhea?" he ask and I felt my mind almost go into daze just by him saying my name.

Zinaya rolls her eyes but she did nod. "Yeah it's about Rhea and I want to know what you think about her?" She asks him.

That was not the plan! I didn't want to hear what Jeremiah thought about me because I don't think my weak heart can take it. "Um, she's on the shy side but she actually pretty cute and nice to talk, I guess," he says with another shrug.

My frown deepens, 'What does he mean by I guess!'

Zinaya laughs. "Well I was thinking about having Emilio ask her because you are friends and I was checking to see if you don't mind..." she trails with lightly touching his shoulder.

'What was Zinaya planning and why did she bring up Emilio!'

"Wait, what you mean about Emilio and Rhea?" he asks with the most adorable frown on his face and he arch up his eyebrow.

Zinaya chuckles again but I found nothing funny. "Emilio had a thing for Rhea in freshman year if you didn't know so...." She trails off again. "But, if you want can you take Rhea on the date instead?"