Chapter 1:Can't Stand It.

Not Edited

2017(Present Time)

Rhea Point of View

"Welcome back Rivers new and improved Seniors of Rivers High School."

I look around the large courtyard of many teens that went to this school. I couldn't find Zinaya or Max. I frown, "Where can they be?" I ask myself as I push through pass a group of preppy freshmen.

"Welcome back to all the returning and new students of Rivers High!" the high school principal, Mr. Campbell yells out.

            I tighten my grip on my army color bag as I bump into a boy who didn't notice me and kept moving. I swear it was as if I was invisible and I was finally on top of the food chain in school. I 'am now a Rivers Senior who leaves hope in the future generation. I chuckle at my thoughts, really...all these other Seniors before had trouble passing all their important tests, worrying about college and how to pay for it along with personal life can make anyone slip up.

I stand up on my tiptoes just a little bit so I was able to see Mr. Campbell on the outdoors stage that was right outside of the cafeteria. Many high scholars have their lunch around the stage because the weather outside was always perfect.

"Rhea, Rhea!" calls out a familiar voice and my head swing around to see a crowd of teens (there probably juniors). I frown and try to walk around the packed courtyard. Someone shove into my arm when I bump into someone again.

"Move, big freak," exclaims a blond headed girl that had a pink flower dress with glitter...it looked as if a fairy thrown up on it. My rounded cheeks heated up, I stumble out the way, and I advance my gaze forward until I found my friends.

A smile forms on my face when I see the tall mix girl(African American, Caucasian, and Mexican) waving me over. She was Zinaya, my best friend with gorgeous model looks and was part of the student counsel so she was somewhat well known. Her long reddish black hair was in cringed curls around her heart shape head. "Rhea, what took you so long?"

I sigh when I reach them and sit down at the picnic table that they had occupied. My attention goes towards the nerdy-poetic Max, he had pale skin and boyish brown hair and glasses that framed his golden/hazel eyes. He was the one that followed Zinaya around like a little puppy and I knew very well that Max liked Zinaya very much. "My car was being crappy to me and I couldn't move fast enough through that mob," I tell them as I point back the crowded courtyard.

Zinaya laughs and places her small hand on Max's head, fluffing up his hair. "We going to face this every day until Arizona weather cools down and this dumb high school lets us go in the building just a little earlier before the bell ring."

I agree with her as Max glares at Zinaya as he pushes her hand away from his hair. I forgot to mention that we live in a small city in Arizona called, "East Woods."(Made up city.)

Zinaya eyes me for a long moment and she claps her hands together. "So how were your trip to Paris and I like what you got on," she squeals. "Did you lose weight too?"

An uneasy smile form on my face as I think about my one month long trip to Paris of studying abroad. I had taken French classes sense first grade and up to now, I been involved in my high school French club the most. Anyways back to the Paris abroad trip, it was torture but at the same time fun. I was stuck with clueless teens in my French classes and I got to try new food and got to see new places. Paris is an amazing place to go!

For my outfit, I had put a pink button up shirt with a pair of blue jean shorts along with some pink flats but other than that knows what she saw so special. I was more on the plus size body type and my cuteness in my rounded face stood out the most for me along with my large brown eyes.