Chapter 8: Don't Let Me Lonely

Not Edited

Rhea Point of View

My Halloween weekend was actually great. I pig out on left over Halloween candy from Trick or Treat and I watch horror movies all days long until I was laughing at the people deaths.

   I was a nerve-wreck again; I climb out my beat up car and approach the school courtyard. "Rhea," someone calls out. I stop walking and tighten my grip on my army backpack before I turn my attention to the person that was approaching me. "Rhea, I really need to ask you something," Emilio says as he approaches me with a small smile on his face.

    "Yeah, go ahead," I tell him as I step up towards him.

He steps up towards me and grabs me by my waist. "Can we head out like old times?" he asks. "Maybe like tonight?" he asks with hope shining in his gray eyes.

   I felt uncomfortable in his hold but I was polite, nodding my head. "Um, sure," I say a little bit unsure. "We can go to that old park we used to go to," I offer.

Emilio looks pleased and he lets of my waist. "I'll see you," he says with another smile before he walks across the courtyard to his jock friends.

  I shake my head and walk a short distance to my friends table and I settle down across from the two. "Hey guys," I greet my friends with a wave.

  Zinaya murmurs a hello before she leans her hand on Max shoulder, who was reading a poetry book, no less. He glance my way and smile. "Hi, Rhea," he says before going back to reading.

   I sigh, leaning on my prop up arm and I take in the warm weather before someone came up and place their hands on my eyes. "Hey," I call out and I hear Zinaya laugh.

             "Guess who's it is?" asks a warm male voice that sent butterflies to my stomach and my heart to racing.

    I remove the hands from my face and I turn to face a grinning Jeremiah. "You," I tell him with my own smile that couldn't help be a fat grin. He slips into the seat next to me. "Jeremiah," I say his name.

   "Hello to you," he says as he loosely wrap his arm around my shoulders. "How is everyone?"

 Zinaya glance my way and sigh. "Why you so cheerful, Jeremiah?" she ask him.

 Jeremiah arches up his eyebrow and his smile still didn't dim. "I've got what you say now," he pauses, "A girlfriend."

  My eyes widen in shock when he said the g-word. "Did you mean m—," I was cut off by a loud-pitch squeal. We all turn our head towards Amber who was rushing towards us. Jeremiah detangles himself from me and he greets Amber with a hug. I was baffled when she kisses him on the lips and turn my way with a smirk.

       "Did you hear the news?" Amber asks with a smile as she grabs Jeremiah hand. "I ask him out Saturday, we had this mind-blowing date at the beach a day after Halloween feast and I ask him to be my boyfriend," she says with a hand clap.

I was piss to the less but I couldn't be that mad. The girl that mad my life a leaving hell ends up with the dude I recently like.  "Good for you two," I say with a force smile and my whole day was ruin.

~~~~

I was glad to be away from the school and away from an adorable dense Jeremiah who knew nothing about my feelings. I sigh as Emilio walks on the side of me for the past twenty minutes in the family park we used to by guardrails. I lean against the steel rail and I look out to the dark green water and see a few ducks floating along.

"You are mad about Jeremiah situation," Emilio says, shifting our easy-going conversation into a serious one, well to me it was.

  I shake my head and I glance his way. "What's wrong with Jeremiah?" I ask him trying to keep my tone calm.

 "Amber been prancing around Jeremiah and that boy is dense when it come to girls. He doesn't even know what really a girlfriend is," Emilio says with a laugh.

   I try to lower my surprise but I was kind of shock. "He doesn't?" I ask.

"Not really, Eric ask him why he asked out Amber but he said that Amber was pretty and kind of fake but he ask her out because he thinks that girlfriend means, a girl you admire but is a close friend with benefits," he tells me.

  I roll my eyes. "He's from Hawaii so he has different views on things, Emilio," I tell him.

His warm green eyes lock on me and laugh. "I knew that, Koala," he says my nickname as he reaches out and brushes his fingers through my bangs. "I can't believe I used to call you that," he says.

 I punch him in the arm and I shake my head. "Koala was a cute name," I state. "My nickname for you was Bamboo," I tell him with an eye roll.

 "Now that was a dumb name," he points at me in the nose and shake his head in shame. I push him and stick out my tongue. "Bamboo is an awesome name," I tell him with a mock laugh before I took off skipping. "Come get me Bamboo." I call out as he chases after me. I run around the playground, ducking under the slide as Emilio advances on me by the monkey bars. I stumble and climb up on the first steps of the bright-painted apparatus. "Bamboo," I yell out. Emilio marches towards me and picks me up with no problem.  He spins me around and carries me over to the grass and we went flaring to the grassy ground.

       "You got stronger," I tell him as I push myself up in a sitting position as I poke at his stomach.

Emilio prop his hands above his head and looks at me with a hooded gaze. "You got more breathtaking," he says as a look appears on his face that made me uneasy.

  "Stop joking," I tell him and I slap his chest. He quickly catches my hand and pulls me down until I came crashing down on to his chest. "Emilio—-don't—-."

   "I'm sorry about me being a douche bag for three years. I thought that I was going to be a superstar and if everyone knew, I liked you than I would be out casted. I even thought that you were going to wait on me but I see I got to earn your trust back," he says in a serious tone that made my smile slip away.

        "You matured over the years and you probably realized that you shouldn't have ditch me but Emilio I'm not just going to jump back in your arms and cheer that I got my friend back," I tell him.

          "You're the only girl that knows must of my secrets and the only girl that I can have a conversation with and I miss that," he says and he sits up with me so we were close.

       "You're my first guy friend and I always thought that you were going to leave me," I tell him. Emilio and I were friends since I could remember. The same school, the same school plays and kid sports games. He was the only kid who didn't make fun of the overweight girl and we were close until high school and peer pressure kick in. I lost Emilio for over three years and I see Emilio been through things and I knew that, well hopefully he was missing me as I was missing him.

    "I'm sorry and I'm sorry," he apologize "We got a lot to talk about," he says.

 I smile and I lean into him. "Let's talk, shall we."

~~~~

Quick Note:

This chapter is the start of my mid-drama point of the story. So, more of a filler chapter