New home(Neko.)

Dax hissed and went rigid when he felt the floor moving. A rumbling noise invaded his ears. He was scared and confused, his ears flat against his head. He curled up shaking and clutching his tail. He didn't know what was happening and he didn't like it. After what seemed like an eternity the floor stopped moving and the noise went away. Then he heard a click and sunlight blinded him.

His cage was picked up and he tried to shrink. He was carried and then saw a house. It was large, with lots of windows. (A/N: Three story house.) He was wondering if there was a shed, or a basement or something, as there was no way he was sleeping in the main house. To his surprise, the person carrying him took him inside, then up some stairs. They placed him down, unlocked the cage then left.

Dax was confused. Was he supposed to get out? Why else would they unlock the cage? He stayed in for an hour or two before curiosity got the better of him and he crept out slowly. He was in awe at the space of the room. The floor looked like wood, but didn't feel like it (A/N: laminated flooring) and there was a big cushiony thing that had a blanket and some cushions on it (A/N: bed.) There was a large wooden thing that had things you could pull out that were empty (A/N: chest of drawers) and there was something that had two doors and was very tall. It had a few clothes in. There was also something that seemed like a big blanket on the floor (A/N: rug) and a large window was spilling sunlight onto it. When Dax crawled over, it was very warm. He stretched out and curled up on it, quickly falling asleep.

*Calem's POV*

Calem followed his father slowly up the stairs. They had given the neko five hours to become accustomed to his new room and his father had said that it wouldn't be surprising if he was still in the cage. Calem hoped he wasn't. They got to the top of the stairs and Calem's father opened the neko's door. Calem heard him laugh then saw the neko for himself and smiled. Dax was curled up in a pool of sunlight, fast asleep. Or rather, curled up in a pool of sunlight, waking up.

The neko stretched out, yawned, rolled onto his back, stretched again, then opened his eyes and saw them. There was a total attitude change in Dax. He flinched and cowered, rolling back onto his stomach, flattening his ears and hiding his face. Calem thought back to what his father had told him. Dax was being submissive because he thought he had done something wrong.

Calem walked slowly towards Dax before crouching down to meet his eyes. Not that he could see them. "Hey, it's okay. You didn't do anything wrong," Calem said softly and quietly, trying not to scare the neko further. Slowly, Dax looked up, meeting Calem's eyes. His eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, Calem noticed. He also noticed the fear. The neko slowly shifted into​ a cross-legged position, ears still flat but tail swishing slightly.

"Hey. I'm Calem. That there's my father. This here is your room." He saw the shock in Dax's eyes and continued, keeping his voice low and gentle. "You're going to live here now alright? This is my house. Understand?"
Dax nodded and Calem smiled, standing up slowly. Dax's eyes followed him. Calem saw a glimmer of hope in them. He didn't want to let the neko down. "Come on then. Let's get you something to eat shall we?"

Calem passed his father on the way out. He gave Calem and approving nod. He had gained the neko's trust. Now all he needed to do was not betray it.