Chapter 11 | Ominous

So you don't get confused, I put who's talking in bolded letters. Toodles!

Mason

"Are you free today?" Ray asked me as we were doing homework.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well, my siblings want to meet you... and they won't take no for an answer," Ray spoke, talking as if she were thinking out loud.

"Sure. I don't mind." We left a few hours later. We came across a huge, gray vintage house that looked in desperate need of repair. She pulled out a key and walked in.

"I'm home!" She yelled. Then she started counting. "1, 2, 3..."

"RAYYYYYYYYY!" I heard multiple voices yell out. Almost immediately, 3 little girls came running in.

"Tay took my pencil!" One girl with pigtails spoke.

"Nu uh! It fell on the floor! Why would I take your pencil? Mage, that's omi... omin..." The Lil' cutie struggled before Ray came to the rescue.

"Ominous?"

"Yeah!" She gave a huge smile with 2 teeth missing, then frowned again. She must have remembered that she's supposed to be mad. "Your pencil's ugly." {Mage.}

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is to-" She looked at me. "Ray, who's that?" {Mage}

"Yeah... he's ugly." Ray was trying really hard not to laugh.

"Can you also sign my paper?" The girl named Mage stuck out a slightly wrinkled paper and a pen.

"They have a word of the day, and if they use it, they get a piece of candy," Ray explained as she took the pen. "And-"

"But who is that?" Tay- I think- asked again.

"It isn't polite to interrupt, Tay. And you should have noticed he wasn't here first. Now he thinks that you guys aren't nice people. Say sorry." Tay tried to say something, but Ray spoke. "Both of you. You're being very rude."

"Sorry." They spoke simultaneously. 

"Now who is he!" Tay jumped up. "Who, who, who, who, who, who?"

 "This is Mason," Ray spoke. "Mason, this is Tay and Mage." Both of them stood for a minute and gasped at the same time. They ran up the stairs without a word. Ray looked calm for a minute until a horrified look came on her face.

"What-"

"GUYS RAY'S BOYFRIEND IS HERE!!!!!" A huge stampede of kids come running down the stairs. 

"WHAT?!?" Ray screeched. 

"I wanna see him! I wanna see him!" Naya spoke, pumping a fist in the air. 

"Oh, he's cute!" Mage said. I burned red. 

"Well, he looks like a tomato," Miley said. 

"Um, maybe we should calm down for a second." Ray put her hands up. "How about-"

"Don't do anything!" A girl came in, older than the rest, but younger than Ray. She walked up to me. "We have to see if he's eligible." Ray's eyes widened again. 

"I don't know. Reyna, maybe we can-"

"Too late!" Reyna spoke. "Girls, time for Operation Unicorn Deduction on Bagels!" Everyone perked up. 

"And you," Reyna pointed to Ray. "Are coming with me." 

"Um, Reyna-"

"No buts!" As soon as they left, everyone started backing toward me.