Epilogue | Happily Ever After. The End

"Cause you only need the light when its burning low, only miss the sun when it starts to snow. Only know you love her when you let her

Only know her high when ur feeling low, only hate the road when you're missing home, only know you love her when you let her go.

And you let her go. "

-Passenger, Let Her Go

*7 years later*

"And that was that." Mason ended the story. "Ray went to the hospital and fell into a coma. The doctors didn't want the pain to kill her, so she was set to sleep like Sleeping Beauty."

"Now, here I am. 7 years later, getting my degree to become a pharmacologist. So I thank you. I thank all of you for coming, for listening, and for forgiving the people who harmed us in the past." He looked people in the eye.

"Chloe felt really bad for what she did. Even though she knew that sorry didn't cut it, she visited Ray whenever she could. She apologized to me countless times, and I forgave her. She ended up paying for Ray's treatment." A small smile was seen upon his face. "I do miss her. And I wish there was something I could do to rewrite the past. But what's done is done, and there's no turning back. Thank you for coming. I hope you enjoy this lovely afternoon." The audience that had gathered in the auditorium stood, some with tissues in hand, some clapping vigorously. A few whistles, some yelled something about writing a book. He stepped off the stage and walked over to call Aunt Laur, a now slightly wrinkled lady who still ran a mile a day.

"Hey, Auntie. Yeah, we just finished. Flight leaves in an hour and a half." Pause. "Yeah, I'm leaving after I change. Don't worry, the flights only an hour. I'll be home soon." Another pause. "A surprise? All right. Love ya too. Bye." He put his phone down and headed to his apartment. Mason changed and gave his key to the bellboy.

Half an hour later, he was on his flight back home.

***

He walked into the airport to be greeted with signs with names all over them. He searched for his name but couldn't find it. His buddy, Mayday, found his name on the other side.

"Text me if you need a ride," Mayday spoke after doing a fist bump with Mason.

"Course. I'll invite you for dinner later." They went their separate ways. Mason was wandering around when he ran into a girl with bright purple hair. She wore a floral sweater and stumbled a bit. A twang of sadness hit him as it reminded him of Ray's bright hair on the bus.

"Sorry," Mason spoke and kept going. A few minutes later- near the less crowded part of the airport- he found his name on a white poster. Neat handwriting spelled his name out. He walked towards it. The sign came down and he saw the girl holding it.

It was the girl he bumped into. As soon as he saw her face, he walked a little faster. The purple lady finally saw him and dropped the sign. Mason ran toward her and they looked at each other for awhile.

It had been so long since he'd seen those brown eyes. Nothing exotic, but he still lost himself in them. Her hair was as vibrant as her smile, fresh and very intense.

"Did I ever tell you I would never leave you hanging?" The girl spoke, her eyes a little glassy.

"No." A small smile crept onto Mason's face. "You told me you'd slice my head off."

"Well, now I'll tell you: I would never leave you hanging, Mason Reynolds." Her hands went around his neck. "Not once, not twice, never ever after." She whispered.

"I'd never leave you, Queen."

"Course you wouldn't." Ray smiled. She closed the gap.

I FINISHED

IM DONE

THANK THE GODS.

First, the sappy part. Thank you all soo much for reading. I had a lot of fun with this book, especially finding different scenarios for May (Ray x Mason) so happen in. Second, shoutout to SnowBelleoftheBall18 for making me update. (Just kidding. It was whenever we would face-time.)

Thank you, soo, so much. I hope to write a few one-shots for this story, but this story has come to an end. 

For now.

Love yall!

QueenOfJacks13