Chapter 9

You had spent years picturing an "I love you" moment.  Years waiting for it to happen, all mapped out, like a script in your head, with all scenarios you could possibly think up, and what'd you say, but nothing prepared you for this.  So you stood, stunned, like you were shot with a stun gun.
"*Y.N.*.. *Y.N.* please say something," he said softly while taking one of your hands by his, but he never broke eye contact.  You were afraid that if you spoke, you'd just vomit, and you feared he could just read the thoughts prancing through your mind, better than you even could.  Your lips couldn't formulate a real sentence at the moment, so all he heard was, "Aa...-"
And then he came a step closer and he was just as lost in that moment as you were, and confused as to what to do.
Classes, staring at me.
Blushing when I approached near all his guy friends.
His old late night messages and calls.
The goofy nicknames and gentle shoves.
Our inside jokes, hangout spots and what he carved in the tree.
Moments made where there could be such a perfect kiss.
"STUPID!" I said out loud accidentally.
Justin's eyebrows furrowed slightly and he let go of your hand.
"Huh?" he said.
"How didn't I catch these signs sooner. And I was so good at hiding how I felt that it's all my fault...."
"No *Y.N.*, it isn't-"
And you spoke over him. "But the party, and that kiss?"
..."You kissed me, but I already concluded earlier that day that you didn't like me."
There was silence, and then you decided to do something about it, so you stepped closer and took his hand, reassuring him, and you wanted to kiss him, but you wanted him to make the move this time.

Justin's P.O.V.

She came closer and I knew she wanted me to kiss her, and I wanted that too, so I don't know why my mind took me everywhere else, and why I was fighting it.  Maybe because I had to get so used to fighting it over the years and fighting the urges.  Her lips were right there, and so I fought myself.  I fought what I drilled in my head so deep before, to stay away because "she doesn't like you Justin, remind yourself" and I broke that inside me and let my heart take over my mind, and so I felt submerged in feeling.  I finally held her face and kissed her firmly and rough, and then softly before I pulled away.