Chapter 2

Two weeks later.

    I was at the beach for surfing practice. "Hey Camey get ready to show us what you got." Coach. Harlow said. 

    "Okay, I will show you what I got." I said with a smile on my face. I got in the water when I got far enough I laid the board down, and I laid onto of it. A small wave came, and I dove under the wave with my board. I came back up and wiped my hair out of my face. Then sat on the board. "I can do this. Prove to them that you belong on the team." I said to my self.

    I saw a big wave come towards me. I laid on my board and swam to it. When I got close I stood up, on the board, and faced the shore. I bent down and had my hand out to touch the wave. It felt good. When the wave was done I put my hands up for victory.

    "You were good. That was awesome, Camey." One of my team mates, Lizzy, told me. "Coach she is good for this team. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes to the olympics." She told the coach.

    "I wasn't that good." I said smiling and laughing alittle.

    "Yeah you were Camey." I here'd his voice and my heart was racing a little. I turned around and hugged John.

    "Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if you did go to the olympics." Coach said congratulating me. I smiled. 

    I sat the board down and grabbed water. I walked over to my team mates. "Hey Camey that was amazing." My team mate patted me on the back. All I did was smile. "OMG. Look Camey it's that girl who lost her arm from that one movie...oh dang what's the movie called?..." Lizzy said while snapping her fingers. "...dang it someone help." 

    "Oh it's called umm...umm....dang. I am gonna look it up ok." I said. "Got it. It's called Soul Surfer. 

    "Oh yeah that's it, but look it's Lorraine Nicholson." Lizzy said. 

    I was excited to see her. She came over to us. "Hey I am Lorraine Nicholson." She said shaking my hand. "I saw u surffing. That was good."

    "Oh was it. You should have seen me two weeks ago." I said laughing alittle.

    "Oh yeah i did." When she said that I guess I look confused because she said. "I was farther down the beach." 

    "Oh was I good?" I asked.

    "Yeah that was awesome you remind me of me." She said. I smiled, but on the inside I was screaming and jumping with joy. "It was nice meeting you. Oh I forgot, what's your name?" I told her my name is Camey. "I will see you later maybe." She hugged me bye.

    "That was awesome Camey." My teammates told me. I was jumping with joy I loved it. Lorraine Nicholson liked my surffing yay! That made my day.

    When I got home I told my parents. They were so proud and excited for me. Yay. I loved it.

So how was it don't be afraid to vote and comment thanks. 😁