Chapter 3

Two days later. "Camey, honey are you ready? Today is your first match on the team." My mom harlered at me from down stairs.

    "Yeah I am ready. " I harlered back at her. I came down the stairs with my duffle bag in my hand. We are in the truck. My surf board is in the back. I was looking st it sparkle in the sun. It was beautiful. We are there. "Hey John and Lizzy what's up?" 

    "Oh nothing." Lizzy said.

    "Just came here to see you and wish you luck Camey." John hugged and kissed me.

    I went with lizzy to where coach was. I got my surf board standing up next to me. My heart was racing it got close to me to go. "Good job lizzy." I told her as she came back from her turn. 

    "Camey time for you to go." Coach said. I grabbed my board and ran to the water. I sat down on the board waiting for a big good wave to come. I saw a good wave I laid down on my board and swam to the wave. I stood up when I was on the wave. 

    Then I bent my knees. The touched the tip of the board. Then I lifted my left leg for ten seconds. I bent my knees again because the wave was comming over me. I ride the wave goodly.

    When I got done to the shore John came up to me and hugged me. People I didn't even know was congratulating me. Lorraine came up and congratulated me. 

    An hour later it was time for us to see what we placed. My friend lizzy placed tenth of twenty people. A person from another school placed third. I placed first I was happy I got ice cream after wards yay that was a great day.